Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sf amendmendt.

Thanks' service Guy above the plate I've used vent 90s in ABS

NEVER AGAIN , FOR YOU DRAINSTERS. Was thing of air, not You Guys on the Roof !!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I don't know what the big deal is with vent 90's. Around here snaking through vents means crawling up on the roof, which, for good reason, has gotten to be an insurance no no.

Comment

But in reality climbing up on the roof is the only feasible way to clear the drain more times than not, many home owners will not allow cutting holes or the sink drain is behind the cabinets, and trying to run durham ftgs from under the kitchen sink where they dirty armed over under the window will not work, kinda like a vent 90, utterly worthless waste of plastic.

I tried to run a horizontal flat vent under a slab on a smoke house ( smoked meats ) inspector spent 15 minutes explaining that I needed to be a bit more creative in my layout and installation, and left me with a friendly correction notice.
        sigpic
        www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to pull the trap then to go on the roof?

Comment

No, on the old houses about 90% of the time the cable wants to go up to the roof because they plumbed the san-t along the king stud and ran the drain thru and 90d out under the window of the kitchen sink, the vent on the other hand is usually a straight shot to the drain, plus there is generally no mess to deal with, easy cheezy.

I just find it easier to run them from the roof.

"oh by the way ma'am while I'm up here would you like for me to run the remaining secondary drains?"
            sigpic
            www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post
              No, on the old houses about 90% of the time the cable wants to go up to the roof because they plumbed the san-t along the king stud and ran the drain thru and 90d out under the window of the kitchen sink, the vent on the other hand is usually a straight shot to the drain, plus there is generally no mess to deal with, easy cheezy.
              Since you're referring to a kitchen sink under a window, per UPC (currently 2006) Section 707.4 (1), why not use the required cleanout.

Comment

You would hate me because I go out the roof with 1 vent when ever possable.

Comment

Ganging vents and running them behind the ridge line is pretty common on the houses I work on.

Comment

Working...
                  X