X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sf amendmendt.

In a concrete slab,our vent 90s have to be at least mediums turning up. Above grade no problem. Do You have this code elsewhere? Thanks' tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Sf amendmendt.

Do I read this right, you are allowed to run a horizontal flat vent under a slab ? Is this commercial or residential ?
    sigpic
    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Same here I believe, or I always have anyway. Especially if a cleanout is going to be installed on the vent pipe.

Comment

Horizontal flat vent with a medium 1/4 in cast is approved in L.A. as long as structural conditions dictate.

NOT wanting to dig deeper to install standard 90 and sanitary tee is not a structural condition.

Tool are you sure it's the "Grade" or flood rim they are looking at.I don't think accessability is what they are concerned with.
        Last edited by drtyhands; 03-12-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

It's a residential remodel. S.F .IS C.I. ON MOST EVERYTHING.

2" toilet and 2" for the shower. On both vents are rolled up 45 degrees. Inspector said change them to mediums and save pictures. He said city only requires this on slab plumbing.
          Short OK wood frame [ joists]
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            It's a residential remodel. S.F .IS C.I. ON MOST EVERYTHING.

2" toilet and 2" for the shower. On both vents are rolled up 45 degrees. Inspector said change them to mediums and save pictures. He said city only requires this on slab plumbing.
            Short OK wood frame [ joists]
            Thank you for sharing this.
            I am real interested in the reasoning behind a fittings ability to function based on it's location.

Comment

Without a picture I have to confess that I'm so far out I'm on the way back!

J.C.

Comment

i have one in My camera, will post later . My Guys will be all framed up tomorrow.
                Customer want's to add a cabana on the flat roof. WHAT A VIEW,THE CITY

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  i have one in My camera, will post later . My Guys will be all framed up tomorrow.
                  Customer want's to add a cabana on the flat roof. WHAT A VIEW,THE CITY
                  I'd like to see pics of alot of the things you do tool. Just remember that the vultures are circling here.

J.C.

Comment

I have to have the bride help Me on posting pictures. Son just built a 2 bowl vanity.
                    This is a period french design. 2 oval mirrors. I charged $11,000 with out paint or Mabel top.
                    Was worth more. Proud of Him, He's teaching the old Man.

Comment

vent 90's are only legal 6'' above the flood level of the fixture.

sanitary fittings are used when the vent is less than a 45 from vertical.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Here in the East everything must be a L.S. in slab or crawlspace. 45'd or vertical.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Here in the East everything must be a L.S. in slab or crawlspace. 45'd or vertical.

J.C.
                          Yep, I didn't know what they were talking about either. I use long sweeps for virtually everything. I try to go ABOVE code on my repipes anyway, not just get by with the minimum. It makes passing inspections easy, because I know all my vents and drains are piped well above minimum code requirements. I pipe drains from a service guy's perspective, trying to make everything drain perfect and be easy to snake out in the future.
                          I hate some of the new construction plumbing I see...hardly any cleanouts, and double san. tees on lavs, back to back toilets...they don't care about quality, and they make future drain-cleaning a b!tch.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                            Yep, I didn't know what they were talking about either. I use long sweeps for virtually everything. I try to go ABOVE code on my repipes anyway, not just get by with the minimum. It makes passing inspections easy, because I know all my vents and drains are piped well above minimum code requirements. I pipe drains from a service guy's perspective, trying to make everything drain perfect and be easy to snake out in the future.
                            I hate some of the new construction plumbing I see...hardly any cleanouts, and double san. tees on lavs, back to back toilets...they don't care about quality, and they make future drain-cleaning a b!tch.
                            I try to install things with the assumption that it will break, need service, or replacement. But sometimes I look back at the job and feel I failed miserably.

You're right, many new construction plumbers don't have a clue as to future needs & just want to turn and burn.

The main aggravation I have and will be a problem for drain cleaner is going through the vent from the roof. They put fixtures all over the place and then want all of the vents to be invisible.

That makes alot of turns & connections that might cause cable trouble.

J.C.

Comment

I need to take some pictures of some drain repipes to back up my bragging now. They never really LOOK all that pretty, even if my drains are always installed as FUNCTIONAL as possible. My drains function beautifully, but I feel my work is not quite artistic enough for a picture (especially since I have to use that nasty-looking purple primer to pass inspection! )
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X