Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An OLD toilet question for you Northeasterners

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
    NH,Is this what *you* speak of?
    Jay I love that picture ! You could make great post cards,with different sayings.

Let's come up with a few ourselves !

" Honey , It's stuck in TURD again " Come on, best Me if You can!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It's close but no. There were several toilets made back in the 30's I think, that had a vent for the bowel. It was not attached to the DWV system, it ran separatly. I think the original purpose was to keep the stick down. I'll do some Googling and see if I can find a pic a bit later but as today is St Patrick's Day, and me being Irish and all, I do believe tis time to tip one back for the cause.
      sigpic

Comment

I think I know what NHmaster is talking about. Its called local venting. Here's a link to a book I found explaining it when I was investigating fresh air intakes for a running trap on a neighbors house. It states that local venting is basically a heated pipe running from above the water level of a toilet drawing fresh air out of the entire bathroom and up through the roof via a flue heated by natural gas. They also had high seats on their water closets to increase ventilation. Check it out I hope this helps http://chestofbooks.com/home-improve...l-Venting.html

Comment

My old houseboat had a toilet like that except you had to pump the handle up and down to flush

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            today is St Patrick's Day, and me being Irish and all, I do believe tis time to tip one back for the cause.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!
            I worked till 8pm on my birthday yesterday. No way in he11 I'm giving up that much time on Saint Patrick's Day!
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              My old houseboat had a toilet like that except you had to pump the handle up and down to flush

You sure that wasn't the bilge pump you were sittin' on?
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

so when you pull the arm and 3 turds line up where do the coins drop out?
                hot on the left, cold on the right... so hot ladies to the left and cold drinks to the right? lets hope gravity keeps em down all night!

Comment

Originally posted by timmydsuperstar View Post
                  so when you pull the arm and 3 turds line up where do the coins drop out?

No coins, just a bunch of corn

Comment

My 1888 J.L. Mott Catalog shows some pictures of vented trap water closets which I don't think will scan to well. However, here's a couple of pictures from that catalog downloaded from the NY Public Library showing a vented trap wc.
                    "Inodoro"
                    http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=52&snum=&e=w
                    "Purita"
                    http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=57&snum=&e=w

Comment

Working...
                    X