Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wirsbo Leaks...

Crimp never!!!!

the rings are metal... which breaks down faster than plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
      Crimp never!!!!

Maybe. But Viega gains ground everyday. Unless they have a major thing happen. They might begin to dominate.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Wirsbo fitting screwed into a galvanized bushing. Some love Wirsbo. Completely fine with me. But if Viega continues a good track record with their crimp/PEX system, I can't imagine an installer choosing Wirsbo with the increased time and finickyness of their installation.

J.C.
        Amen to that! Since going with Viega I can't ever see going back to Wirsbo.

Comment

Crimp never!!!!

The Viega Pureflow system uses stainless steel cup type sleeves, they are not rings and they will never break down. They also use bronze fittings, no chance of dezincification. Viega was thinking ahead, great company and great product.

Comment

Crimp never!!!!

Thats what they said about PB pipe
            Metal has a much better track record then plastic anyday...

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Thats what they said about PB pipe
              Metal has a much better track record then plastic anyday...

Okie

Actually the rings were part of the problem with PB. The inability to get a for sure 100% seal. You put the ring on the pipe then the fitting in the pipe then crimp. Either crimp with 1 hand or let go of the fitting and pipe.
              Hmm

Comment

Actually the rings were part of the problem with PB. The inability to get a for sure 100% seal. You put the ring on the pipe then the fitting in the pipe then crimp. Either crimp with 1 hand or let go of the fitting and pipe.
                Hmm
                I myself don't quite understand what you're talking about. But BOTH Viega crimp systems continue to perform correctly.

I can't say Wirsbo or Viega is better. That being said, if they are currently equal and one is a much easier installation...... it's academic.

J.C.

Comment

I must admit the one thing that IS nice about crimp Pex is you can re-use the fittings if you get the proper crimp ring removal tool. Reusing Wirsbo fittings requires a torch though which gives off some pretty serious fumes.

Wirsbo has certain applications where it excels over anything in tight places though. And there are sometimes when you need a plastic only line and this is where the Wirsbo fittngs excel (rare instances, but I have encountered them recently in a few restaurants I'm working on).

Comment

Working...
                  X