Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Service call pet peeves

The difference between a cat and a dog:

You feed and take care of your dog's every need, so the dog thinks that you must be a god.

You feed and take care of your cat's every need, so the cat thinks that it must be a god.

Comment

[quote=Plumbers;218198]
      Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      To appreciate cats, one must be able to spell Cat...c-a-t. Okay?

Secondly, cats are alot more personable than you think, which is why they are the #1 most favorite pet in the entire world since Day One.

Lastly, dogs are slaves. They are too dumb but to be anything except slaves to man. A dog alone in the woods will starve to death because it lacks the common sense to hunt for itself.

Hey, the wife said the bath is ready and the baby bunny skull necklace is shiny hot...see you mutts later.
      Amazing. Learn something all the time. Strange to me though that every decent person I've ever seen that owned a cat fed it, gave it water, and took it to the vet.

Based on your assessment of the animal it would be stupid and ignorant to take care of a cat. Cat's don't need care. You're not feeding yours are you? You don't give it water do you? You don't have a litter box do you?

Of course not! Cat's don't need anything. There independent and can fend for themselves. It would be stupid to help them.

Kookie talk. Right? Arguing about cats & dogs is what's really stupid.

There are positives & negatives to all domesticated animals and being unwilling to recognize that is a conscience choice towards ignorance.

J.C.

Comment

The Forum is doing wierd things again. That wasn't Tools quote so don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          The Forum is doing wierd things again. That wasn't Tools quote so don't blame him.
          You're right PC. It belonged to Plumbers. He should get any credit or criticism.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            This will make you guys laugh. I hate when people ask for a senior discount!!!!!!! The funny thing is, I offer it in my yellow pages add . I promise I'm taking it out.
            That's BS, leave it in your ad. I joined AARP this year!
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              You're right PC. It belonged to Plumbers. He should get any credit or criticism.

Thanks.

J.C.
              Another PINK BELLY DUDE!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This morning I cleaned and inspected a sewer line from two roof vents. The neighbors dogs barked at me the entire time. They worked in shifts. One would take up the slack when the other got tired, but they never went more than 20 seconds without barking.

The customer will be able to hear the dogs barking on the video on parts where I had my mic on.

They never got tired of barking... never

I imagine they are barking right now as I type this.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I hate it when a customer tells me how easy the job is going to be, and how long it will take me to do it. Thats when the red flag comes up.
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Thing I hate most is having to badger them to get paid. Like doing the work wasn't enough.
                    Last edited by Ace Sewer; 03-24-2009, 12:42 PM.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

A little dog bit my hand yesterday. I walked in the house and the lady said, "Don't worry, he won't bite." And he bit me immediately after she said that!
                      I told the lady to put the dog away...or I WILL kill it. I repeated myself about killing her dog, and she realized I was serious and put it away. It was just a knick, but he broke the skin. She was apologetic, and then she put it away and I replaced her showervalve. I am usually very good with dogs, that is the first time I have been bitten without provocation in my life....
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        A little dog bit my hand yesterday. I walked in the house and the lady said, "Don't worry, he won't bite." And he bit me immediately after she said that!
                        I told the lady to put the dog away...or I WILL kill it. I repeated myself about killing her dog, and she realized I was serious and put it away. It was just a knick, but he broke the skin. She was apologetic, and then she put it away and I replaced her showervalve. I am usually very good with dogs, that is the first time I have been bitten without provocation in my life....
                        It happened just in time for this thread.

Lenny

Comment

I believe this Forum has some form of premonition. Others will tell you, sometimes when you read it here, it will happen to you shortly thereafter.

I dropped my channelocks behind a water heater today. When I blindly reached around to find them. I found something else instead. A untriggered rat trap. OUCHIE! and it scared the crap out of me. Still WAY better than putting my hand in one of those nasty glue traps

Now I just have to sit back wait to see who else gets caught in a rat trap

Comment

Not really a service call pet peeve, but a pet peeve none the less:

when I go to figure a job and are told repeatedly by the homeowner how
                            money is really tight, and I need to do the work as cheap as poosible to stay within some made up budget.

So I figure the job the same as I always do, somehow manage to get the job and when I go back to trim out, find a 6K sub zero fridge and a 2K fisher/paykel dishwasher.

And I'm getting my man berries broke over a budget?????

Comment

I was reminded of this thread today.

When there is a perfectly good clean out to work from but you have to pull the commode anyway to access it.

I've been asked about the poo-flinging effect of open reels so I included a picture of the open reel with the diaper.

See Pictures
                              Attached Files

Lenny

Comment

Working...
                              X