X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service call pet peeves

i've done service calls most of my career and it always makes me wonder why customers do or don't do certain things before i arrive.

#1 - keep using the WC even though they know it's plugged.

#2 - if i'm working under a sink, i always have to take all of the cleaning supplies out from the cupboard.

#3 - i have to clear all of the customer's stuff away from a boiler or HWH/HWT before i can start woring on it. then the customer complains about the amount of time i took.

Vince

Re: Service call pet peeves

Some people love the "while you're here's". But I often don't as they are asking me to be late for what I have scheduled next.

Someone insisting their Pit Bull is not violent. Meanwhile it's trying to circle behind me.

Someone that seems to hover and are insistent to know more about the problem than I do.

A basic degree of sanitation in their living quarters.

Acid in the drain.

Etc., etc., etc.

J.C.

Comment

I always like it when they call with an "emergency" and when I tell them what is needed, they want a written quote before approving the repairs. Then they want to bitc* about it taking so long to get fixed. I don't order parts until they approve estimate and provide P.O.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

None of those things above really bother me.

The only thing that really bothers me is the people who "haggle" (i.e. complain about price)...yet they keep calling me over and over! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE, THEN FIND SOMEONE ELSE CHEAPER!!! I don't know why they can't figure that out? If they insist on calling me for whatever reason, then shut up and pay my price. I have had to "fire" a few customers because of this.
        I guess some people just like to haggle, and no matter who they call they play that game. I DON'T HAGGLE! It is my number one pet peeve.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

That's OK I spit in thier pipes and use my personal Toilet brush to "clean" thier water filter housings !!! LOL Dave

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
            That's OK I spit in thier pipes and use my personal Toilet brush to "clean" thier water filter housings !!! LOL Dave

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
              There you go! Another good reason to install backflow preventers.

Mick

Comment

Having their driveway full of cars,trucks & trailers so you have to park a mile away.

Comment

Not shoveling the driveway/front walk when they know you are coming to do a water heater.

Comment

Telling me what they think I want to hear rather than the truth.

As in, "If you would have told me that a half hour ago, I would have found the problem by now."

Please just answer my questions truthfully and I'll decide what is relevant.

Comment

Carl is right, hagglers suck.

But I also dont like

When I call "Jim-Bob" the rental property owner who I've never done work for, to let him know I can meet him in 30 minutes, and he says O.K., I'll see ya there.

Then I get there 30 minutes later, see he hasn't made it yet, and call him to let him to let him know I arrived.

He says "The back door is unlocked, you can get started, I'm on my way."

To which I reply "I can't start until you arrive"

Jim-Bob says "O.K. I'll be there in 10 minutes" (Which translates to "I haven't even left where I'm at yet and I'm about to rip you off dumb a$$ plumber")

O.K. I wait 5 minutes, start my van and drive off. When he calls at least 30 minutes later after arriving to find I'm not there, I don't even answer.

It's always the same with these people. If you do the job, and they haven't gotten there yet, they'll pull the can you bill me line, or can you come to me and pick up a check? And they sure arent pay for your time sitting around. Then these types will haggle.

Now I dont even stick around, not worth it.

Taking credit cards has solved most of these situations.

I also let them know on the phone that they need to be there before I start working.

One slips by every now and then though.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

When customers don't tell you that they poured acid down the down drain.

Comment

parents that don't watch their kids when things get messy (ie; poop) or potentailly dangerous (ie; heavy lifting or drain cleaners).

Vince

Comment

People who stick their head out the front door and ask, "Are you afraid of dogs?"

"If you have to ask, then yes. Please put the dog up, and not in the back yard, I may have to get back there. Thank you."

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                              People who stick their head out the front door and ask, "Are you afraid of dogs?"

"If you have to ask, then yes. Please put the dog up, and not in the back yard, I may have to get back there. Thank you."
                              i was a paperboy in winnipeg and i quickly found out that when people say that their dog doesn't bite, what they really mean is that their doesn't bite them.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                              X