• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumber's Grease, and Vaseline

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    ben, you and me on the same wave length at the same time

rick.
    Kinda worries me. I might grow up and be like you.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The food grade stuff is available in regular grease gun tubes.

Comment

DUNBAR,

i don't know if you've ever seen this this.

https://www.haynesmfg.com/cgi-bin/co...2&keywords=all

i don't know if this will help.

looks kinda expensive.

i found a tube of the lubri-film and put it in the gear case of a kitchen-aid commercial mixer i found. that was a cool little cleaning/fixing experience.

i personally don't ever pay for that kind of stock. my customers buy it for me.

check out the silicon grease part of this site.

Vince
        Last edited by Vince the Plumber; 03-28-2009, 01:11 PM. Reason: sorry, didn't check the link

Comment

Hi guys just running through google searches for our companies products and this site came up. Our greases, sprays and oils are much higher grade than many of the others out there, which is why our prices are sometimes a little higher.

Plumbing is outside of our target market but all of our lubricants will work as an alternative to industrial lubricants as well. In some cases they work much better.

If you guys are interested in trying out our products here is a registration code which will give you 10% off on all of your orders.

Code : Plumbing409

Add what you want to your cart and then press checkout. You will see 3 options. Login, Customer Category Registration Code, and I just want to Checkout.

Put the above code into where it says Customer Category Registration Code and click register. Fill out your info and your cart will update to the new pricing.

Please send me an email or let me know here how it is working out for you should you place an order.

Thanks for your time guys,

Jamie

http://haynesmfg.com
          Last edited by HaynesManufacturing; 03-29-2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Why not use teflon paste for your application? Oatey's great white is compatible with pvc and cpvc and doesn't harden up. Or use wax ring. Rick uses them on CO plugs and I use them on my broadhead thread(archery) because the wax prevents the steel broadhead from locking into the the alumminum ferrule insert.

Oh for Pete's sake.

Rick does this.
            Rick does that.
            Rick,Rick,Rick.

Rick,can you tie my shoe for me?

I don't know how I ever called myself a plumber before coming here.

Wax on a cleanout plug....Sheesh

When are you getting here Ben?
            Your eggs are getting cold.

Comment

I like to give credit where credit is due. Not like some people who talk like they invented everything in the plumbing world using their divine K60 godlike powers. I'm not saying any names or anything but..........LOL But if Rick is the first one in my memory to use wax on a CO plug then I'll say it.

No set date on arrival date to CA. I hope you're ready to put me to work, just feed me and I'm yours for the day. No plumbing for 6 months-going insane.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                I like to give credit where credit is due. Not like some people who talk like they invented everything in the plumbing world using their divine K60 godlike powers. I'm not saying any names or anything but..........LOL But if Rick is the first one in my memory to use wax on a CO plug then I'll say it.

No set date on arrival date to CA. I hope you're ready to put me to work, just feed me and I'm yours for the day. No plumbing for 6 months-going insane.
                I guess that will just have to be good enough.

See-ya soon Ben.Got so much to show you.

KIZZ-AZZ

Comment

Jamie/Haynes Mfg: If I buy a bunch of the grease, what is its shelf life? How does the consistency compare with Hercules? Thanks.

Comment

The shelf life is 2 years on all of our products.

500 Plus
                    https://www.haynesmfg.com/cgi-bin/co...6&keywords=all

If you are looking for an exact replacement for Hercules that would be our 500 Plus. The consistency is exactly the same as Hercules. The color of 500 plus is clear. It stays put from -40 to 500 degrees fahrenheit. It is also a synthetic based lubricant not petroleum based so it will not break down rubber. It has no odor and no taste. It is NSF H-1 approved and Kosher certified.

It costs slightly less per ounce than Hercules, unfortunately at this time the smallest quantity we sell it in is 12 oz grease gun cartridges or 11.25 oz spray cans. Hopefully we will have some 1 ounce tubes available soon.

Silicone Grease
                    https://www.haynesmfg.com/cgi-bin/co...8&keywords=all

If you're looking at Silicone Grease ours has the same consistency as Hercules. The color is translucent clear/white, more on the clear side. It will stay put in freezing temperatures to 400 degrees. It has no odor or taste. It is NSF H-1 approved and Kosher certified.

It costs about $2.50 per ounce and the only comparable food safe silicone grease I could find was running about $2.50 per half ounce. So you cut your cost in half basically. It is available in 4 oz. tubes and we are looking into doing 1 ounce tubes for this one as well.

On a side note I went to my father in laws today who is a master plumber. He had no idea I sold this and he loved it. I'm sure he's a bit biased though. He pulled out his 2 oz. container of Hercules and the difference is staggering. Hercules is a very dark amber tinted lubricant with a very distinct smell and taste. Yes I tasted it. It says non toxic on it but I am not sure it is NSF rated.

I also have some samples going to my buddy Richie from http://astacioplumbing.com/ I will let you know both of their thoughts after they get to use them.

If you guys would like I can send 4 of you samples just reply back on here, and then private message me your address.

If you want to order now I am positive these will do the job.

Jamie

http://haynesmfg.com

Comment

This is why I'm making draw comparisons against vaseline, bees wax and other products because that's what I'm trying to avoid, paying these exuberant prices on the ounce.

All I need is a product that last years in the field that I can buy in bulk and I'm onto the vaseline product because if you can put it on your skin, I'd say it's safe for threaded components not in contact with potable water applications.

I'm spending too much on these per ounce/small tubes and there's got to be a better, economical way.

That's one thing product makers cannot hide, MSDS sheets showing the inert ingredients/components of their products.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar,

What are you looking to pay and how much are you looking to buy? Are you looking for pails, drums? What is the price you want to pay?

It can be impossible sometimes to give up proprietary information. Look at car paints or printing inks. One tiny addition of a certain pigment makes the differences between one company's black and another's but each is proprietary. When your talking minute details that can completely change the product composition and usability people will protect it. Most cases it takes years of research to come up with that small change, but that small change can mean a lot for the product. If you release that info it becomes public knowledge. One release of that info could create hundreds of copy cats all over the world. I guess it's just the world we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by HaynesManufacturing View Post
                          Silicone Grease
                          https://www.haynesmfg.com/cgi-bin/co...8&keywords=all

If you're looking at Silicone Grease ours has the same consistency as Hercules. The color is translucent clear/white, more on the clear side. It will stay put in freezing temperatures to 400 degrees. It has no odor or taste. It is NSF H-1 approved and Kosher certified.

It costs about $2.50 per ounce and the only comparable food safe silicone grease I could find was running about $2.50 per half ounce. So you cut your cost in half basically. It is available in 4 oz. tubes and we are looking into doing 1 ounce tubes for this one as well.
                          Not a bad price when you consider Sioux Chief lists 1/4oz. Silicone Grease tubs at $1.20.

Comment

Dunbar,

The cheapest I can find Vaseline for per ounce is $0.345 . Which is a 13 oz. tub of it for $4.49. If you were to buy a 25 pound pail of our Lubri-Film grease with the 10% discount I gave you guys it comes to $0.37 per ounce. A 100 pound drum comes to $0.344 per ounce with the discount. A 400 pound drum runs $0.319 per ounce with the discount.

Buying the 400 pound drum would save you over $150 compared to vaseline per 6000 ounes of the drum, and this product is also used daily in the same applications you're looking to use it for not just food grade applications. All of this is without shipping but I assume ordering 462 13 oz. tubs of vaseline comes with some shipping costs too . We certainly have very good shipping rates and would quote you for the best option. If you decide to order from the site you can select call me for shipping and we will find the best way to get it to you.

The shelf life is 2 years but these are rated for 20 years. I can't guarantee it for 20 but if you store it properly i.e. somewhere that isn't going to go to 140 degrees in the summer and 0 degrees in the winter. Along with recovering it after using I am positive you will get closer to 20 years than 2.

I see no reason why you could not keep a scoop in the drum and find a suitable container to scoop out what you need into. If cost is the primary concern this would be the way to do it. It's not going to take you more than a minute to scoop it out into your container and you forgo the container cost, filling, sealing, date and batch stamping, packaging, and labor costs. You're also left with a lubricant you can use on pretty much anything. Let me know if you want a sample.

https://www.haynesmfg.com/cgi-bin/co...2&keywords=all

Jamie
                            Last edited by HaynesManufacturing; 03-30-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Samples? Did someone mention samples? As in free sample?

Comment

Yeah shoot me a private message with your address.

Jamie

Comment

Working...
                                X