Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interprovincal Red Seal Plumbing Certificate

i'm just wondering, again.

here in Canada after we've passed our forth year trade school exams, we are given the opportunity to write the interprovincal. this allows those that pass the exam to work as a plumber anywhere within our borders.

has the USA ever considered this? what are your thoughts?

also, we were told in school that if we passed the interprovincal, we could work anywhere in the world because our red seal ticket was recognized world wide.

is this true? in other words, could i get a job in the states with my ticket?

Vince

how does it work for you guys downunder?
    Last edited by Vince the Plumber; 03-20-2009, 05:42 PM. Reason: sorry, wrong section

Re: Interprovincal Red Seal Plumbing Certificate

I'll let the friends to the south answer, but my understanding is that you would have to challenge the plumbing tests in each state (or districts of states) but that the red seal program covers more than any program throughout the world making the Canadian program extremely valuable.

Comment

Every State has their own system and then some Counties and Cities require a little more. I don't know of any of them which accepts a foreign certificate as anything beyond showing proof of experience. I'm sure if you are every looking for work down here we could help you out.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Every State has their own system and then some Counties and Cities require a little more. I don't know of any of them which accepts a foreign certificate as anything beyond showing proof of experience. I'm sure if you are every looking for work down here we could help you out.

Mark
        thanks Mark.

i appreciate the offer but i'm a northerner through and through.

i've tried living in the south but there's too many people and i really like the fact that i can hop on my ATV, drive down the road for ten minutes and there's not a soul aound.

my question was more curiosity than anything else.

Vince

i'm here i rankin only because of my kids. when they're grown up, i'm thinking of the Yukon.

Comment

Working...
        X