X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off the water

Wedensday i got a call from a local const co they needed to tap in to a water main at the steel mill they were going to dig the line up and find it.they were looking for a 2" line , all they found was a 4" main .
    I went out there and looked it over, I would get a tap saddle and do it thursday..they just needed a 1" line off of it.....It did seam a little funny because we never had great presure at that end of the mill.[thats what i was thinking to my self ] So we put the saddle on in the 4ft nice dry hole.. Went and turned the 2" main off that we new of..Killed all the water..
    I start drilling the 1" hole thru the saddle , some water is spraying, think its a tall building and i am in a hole it wasent bad.. once i got thru the pipe and it was blowing water against the building with more force than me ..My son gave me the valve and i tryied to screw it in ,,no way, as the water was getting up to my waist i did think about my wallet and cell phone i did save them . kept on trying no good water got to deep...
    My const friend stayed after it and did get hold of one of the guys up in the front office ....OH YEA that 4" line feeds in from the other end..
    TURNED IT OFF PUMPED IT OUT AND WE WERE GOOD TO GO
    got in trouble from the wife dirty wet cloths on the clean floor,,,sorry

Re: Turn off the water

next time bring chest waders.

Vince

Comment

been there done that! I feel for ya!

Comment

Can't you hot tap with a valve in place?

J.C.

Comment

If we new the water was on ,We could have done things diferent. Yes

Comment

Working...
          X