X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has a customer ever become violent?

Originally posted by haycad View Post
    He was a refferal from a guy I go to church with
    That is one thing I learned, not ALL referrals are good! I have had a few "referrals" that were crap customers. It makes you want to call the person who referred you and say, "Why the hell did you send that F'ed up customer to me? Do you not like me or something?"
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
      Things could always be worse.

The zero on the window means that the national guard found no dead bodies, and that is all that really mattered
      Man, I dont miss those days at all. I know that X all too well.....

Comment

Originally posted by onezee20 View Post
        No
        I am 275lbs and have a CCW
        You have a counter clockwise what?
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

A bunch of years ago, I was working under a duplex on the floor furnace. The access door was on the side of the duplex that I was not working in.

Of course we made a lot of noise pulling the burner, etc.

As I come out of the access door, brushing myself off, this guy opens his kitchen door and says loudly, "what the F*** is going on?"

I said, "we're working on the furnace."

"Oh F***" he said, and slammed the kitchen door and the full glass window in the door split in half and fell to the floor.

I could barely contain my laughter as I finished my work.
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbers
            In my first year, I had one pull a gun on me.

I was on a rooter job in the city and was setting up the job through the clean out out back. He comes flying out the back door waving the gun and chases me off.

The cops come, but he's gone and the equipment is nowhere in sight. During the next few days, me and a few plumbers harass the guy for the equipment back until he calls and says the machine is in the backyard and to come and get it.

Five plumbers show up with 10 guns and 2 worthless cops. I grab the machine and haul butt outta there.

Never knew why he did it, but I think he cleared the stoppage himself and never did pay anything. No charges were pressed and the cops had better things to do.
            Sounds like something people do in South Carolina.

Comment

Back in the 70s we had water coming down from an apartment over a commercial business my then boss owned. No one would answer the door of the apartment but the back door was open with just a hook on the screen. I popped the screen with my screwdriver and sent my helper in while I went back downstairs. Before too long my helper came downstairs as white as a ghost. I guess when the tenant woke up he came out with a 44 mag. I explained his options were we could leave his water off and evict him or he could let us fix his leak but either way we had to stop the leak.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                You have a counter clockwise what?

Conceal
                Carry
                Weapon

Or something close to that...I'm surprised Mark didn't catch it first.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Sounds like something people do in South Carolina.
                  There's no plumbing in North or South Carolina. But a group will show up with guns to get a chicken back.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    Conceal
                    Carry
                    Weapon

Or something close to that...I'm surprised Mark didn't catch it first.

We cannot get CCWs in Los Angeles County as private citizens. Years ago my Orthopedic Surgeon was a Plaintiff in a lawsuit where he sued the County and won a CCW. The next year when he went to renew they turned him down again and he decided he didn't need to spend the money to do it again. That is why I never carried my Colt Officer in my brief case or trench coat pocket when working downtown. It's funny but when Jared was a Cop he told me I would be better off taking the misdemeanor for the concealed weapon than needing it to defend myself and not having it. What a messed up World we are in when only the bad guys carry weapons and they know it.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I moved to Colorado from NYC where only the criminals have guns.
                      Here (CO) you can get a concealed carry permit in 60 days.
                      I thought I would have to be crazy not to carry a gun if it is legal.
                      So I do.
                      Its better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
                      Sometimes it gets in the way but I carry a small 9mm.

Got Sig?

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        What a messed up World we are in when only the bad guys carry weapons and they know it.

Mark

You can say that again.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29817606

Comment

Originally posted by onezee20 View Post
                          No
                          I am 275lbs and have a CCW

I go 130lbs on a good day and have an RPW. RIDGID PIPE WRENCH
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I am going to stay in Arkansas with the plumbers that dont need to were vest

Comment

i got a call from the owner of a restaurant in C'sted. his walk in was flooding and he thought it was the condensate line. i suggested he call a refrigeration guy. he said no one was available and it was late in the day. i go out and the plastic condensate line has a big sag in it and is full of sludge. i show him the problem and recommend he gets an employee to go to the hardware store and buy a 2 1/2 foot section of venial tubing and replace it. "no, he says, "i'd rather you do it". no big deal as i go get the tube (actually get 2 pieces so he has a replacement when it happens again) come back, replace it (without the sag) and tidy up the place.

write up the bill for MY time and he goes ballistic. "i'm not paying for a $75.00 service charge and 2 hours of labor to replace a small piece of plastic". i try to explain it's my standard charge and i did have to go to the store, get the piece, and replace it properly. he says he'll pay $50 for the job. i tell him to keep his money and never call me again. as he walks away i tell him here is his replacement tube and toss it in his direction and begin to walk away.

all of a sudden i hear. "M*****F***er" and the next thing i know i'm on the ground. he blindsided me. i almost reached for the drywall saw i had in my bag while looking at his femoral artery. his staff pulled him off of me. he tried to apologize saying the last refrigerator guy charged him $300 for 15 minutes worth of work and he just felt ripped off. i said no deal and called the cops.

long story short the cops did nothing but make him pay the full bill. no arrest because he is a good citizen.

he's one of those i won't go back to even if his place is swimming in sewage

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

My consecutive day streak of NOT being shot at is finally over

Almost 3 years. Longest streak ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X