Has a customer ever become violent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has a customer ever become violent?

i had a close call in churchill, manitoba.

she started screaming at me because i wasn't working fast enough for her liking.

her face became very red and she started shaking her fist at me.

i walked off the job and never worked for her again.

at the time, i was the only certified plumber there.

i will add that this woman just recently went through a messy divorce and was known to be very aggresive.

i should have heeded the signs but i like to give people a chance.

it's no wonder her ex known as "yankee bill" gave up on the relationship.

Vince

i didn't dare turn my back on her as i left.

Re: Has a customer ever become violent?

Had one up in ohio years ago where the guy I know was a loose cannon. You know, the kind that still living with mom in the basement at 53 and he doesn't have a tv, radio or telephone?

That type, and I was working for another company at the time. I gave him one price, forgot to check his pressure, too high so PRV and EXP tank which is 300, then I went to shut the main valve off and broke that, $130 to fix and he told me to "just leave" and he'll take care of it.

I gave him one price, then added $430 to the bill and now he has no water to his house, and he's asking me to just leave.

I felt so bad that day, offered to at least shut it off at the main and at least remove the gate for him so they'd have water back, he wouldn't stand for it.

It was my fault for being ignorant to reverse the way you load the ticket, which is enforced by code to have all 3 items installed and operable above 80psi in hamilton county.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Dispatcher stated they never called after the cancellation. ???
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Plumbers,

thanks for sharing.

by the way, welcome to the forum.

Vince

Comment

but we don't call him Mucky Muck...

we call him Marky Mark

I was removing an expansion tank in an attic when I was a helper. The tank fell over and started to spill black sludge all over the ceiling in the bedroom. No time to climb down 3 flights of stairs and run a block and a half to the truck. So I just grabbed the bath towel hanging on the door to clean up. I figured I just buy a new towel to replace it or credit them on the bill.

The customer freaks out and corners me in the back of my truck when he finds out. Picks up a loose brick and threatens to bash my head in with it. Turns out that his mother has just passed away the week before and that was her embroidered towel. Who knew a piece of cloth could have such sentimental value? I think I wet myself a little that afternoon.

Comment

crack,

through the years of being all screwed up mentally and homeless, i lost everything. the cabin burning down didn't help matters. i lost the last two photos of my two youngest ones in that one.

at first i was very bitter towards the person that deliberatly burnt down the old cabin that was lent to me.

i have come to the realization that it's just "stuff".

i also came to the realization that "nobody" could take away my most treasured treasures, my memories.

Vince

Comment

I was on a job checking out a possible sewer problem which I coudnt get to back up. I left the owner in the one apartment to go check the vacant apt next door, and the tenant of the other apt followed me babbling about something.

So the crack head and I are in this vacant apt and he's going on about how this one time "this fool tried to blah blah and then blah blah, ya nah i mean"

And I would throw in a "no $hit" or "serious?" when I could, to keep him happy. You could tell he's had his head beat in a couple hundred times in his lifetime and was skinny like an AIDS patient, figgity like a crack head.

Then he raises his shirt to reveal a large revolver, and tells me that "I went buck wild on that fool, cuz I mean, ya nah I'm sayin, nobody gone play me like no b!ch, I'm just sayin tho, I'm just sayin."

So nervous, unarmed me, makes my way out of the apartment. I tell the owner that this tenant makes me nervous, keep him away from me. He says "Dont worry about that fool, I got my piece" Which did not comfort me at all. The guy didnt threaten me so I just stayed and ran the cable, quickly. Collected and left the job. Tell the dispatcher I'm not going back.

About two months later, owner calls in another problem. I remind the dispatcher of what happened. She calls the owner back and finds out that the tenant doesnt live there anymore, he's in prison. When I go back the owner tells me that the crackhead opened fire on a group of people sitting on a porch for reason I dont remember and he's now in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
              crack,

through the years of being all screwed up mentally and homeless, i lost everything. the cabin burning down didn't help matters. i lost the last two photos of my two youngest ones in that one.

at first i was very bitter towards the person that deliberatly burnt down the old cabin that was lent to me.

i have come to the realization that it's just "stuff".

i also came to the realization that "nobody" could take away my most treasured treasures, my memories.

Vince

Things could always be worse.

The zero on the window means that the national guard found no dead bodies, and that is all that really mattered
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot about the occasional angry customer with a 9 mil as I'm driving away

Name:  555992f642284b0c88acf3138e37fcfb.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  123.9 KB

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Oh yea, I forgot about the occasional angry customer with a 9 mil as I'm driving away

i've p!$$ed off more than a couple here in Rankin because i don't put up with anybody's $hit anymore.

call me a rebel, or a half-breed.

more than once i feel the hair on the back on my neck stand-up. you know that funny feeling you get? yeah.

i swear i could (vin)sense cross hairs on me.

do any of you guys wear vests?

Vince

Comment

I went to another rental property where I had to run the sewer from a 4 inch cleanout behind the double.

The tenant who was having the problem had to go get her kids from school, which I said was fine. About twenty minutes later she comes to the back yard and asks me to move my van for the neighbor. I say o.k.

When I go to move the van the tenant in the front apt comes to the door and says "I know you heard me ringing that doorbell!" I said "The doorbell doesnt ring in the backyard where I was" He repeats himself and adds "You block my driveway again, I'm going to F you up"

So I pulled out my 9mm and shot at him, hitting him in the stomach. He dropped back into the living room, trying to crawl away. I ran up to him and shot him in the back of the head. The gurgling noise he was making, stopped. All I could hear after that was his wife screaming. She had been waiting to park the car, but was on the front yard by the time I walked back outside. I looked at her obviously battered face and decide to take mercy on her, saying, "You're free! He can't hurt you anymore!" To which she replied "But I love him!" like she was talking to Riki Lake. So I shot her too. Two less idiots in the world.

Alright the last paragraph did not happen, I play too much Grand Theft Auto. Only the "obviously battered face" part was true.

So when I finished moving the van, I went back to the backyard and finished running the sewer line. I haven't been called back to that property since which is just fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Holy Crap!

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post

do any of you guys wear vests?

Vince
                      Even if I had one, its too hot to wear here.

105 degrees with 95 humidity. Shade doesn't do you any good around here in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                        Holy Crap!

Even if I had one, its too hot to wear here.

105 degrees with 95 humidity. Shade doesn't do you any good around here in the summer.
                        Lenny, don't act like you've never been shot at I've been to Kenner, LA and those homies don't play around

Those kids that break bad by flashing a weapon are just punks, nothing more. It's the one you never see that will put you down. We have drive by shootings here all the time but rarely kill anyone because they can't aim for sh!t.

I have a much better shot at dieing by banging my head on the railing going down the front steps. Maybe I should wear a helmet instead of a vest

Comment

No customer have become really violent yet - fortunately, but I can't count the times I have been cursed at. Some people just can't control their anger!

Comment

No
                            I am 275lbs and have a CCW

Comment

I had a guy a few months ago threaten me. my apprentice drilled a hole through the roof for the vent on a barn stile building two story with 12/12 pitch and i told the owner (like dunbar said 50 years old and lives with his mom) he'd have to get his roofer to put the flashing on. he called me up because of a leak and when i got there I saw where the water was coming through the roof from the rain I reminded him that he needs to get his roofer out to install the flashing. He cussed at me and called me all kinds of names and told me he should kick my a$$ I told him to have a nice day so he decided to punch my van a couple times and told me he'd find me in the street. He was a refferal from a guy I go to church with
                              Mike
                              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X