X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tools!

what's the lowdown on tool developement? any new hand tools coming out of the r&d dept.

I like the new Robogrip pipe wrench. But as a plumbing wholesaler I can not buy it from Ridgid. These are only available through Home Depot. Thanks for supporting the plumber and wholesaler Ridge tool people!

Comment

I too have been disapointed seeing the Ridgid tool line in Home Depot.I didn't know they had the exclusive on some hand tools thu.

The problem with being in the retal stores is,it seems once you get locked in with them they want to buy at very small margins and pretty soon the quality suffers.Black and Decker was once a quality product before the discount stores took them down.They than bought the DeWalt name and made some quality stuff,but I'm starting to see the same thing happening.

Ridgid has always been known for quality tools.The price has never been the cheapest but you know when you buy one it's going to last.I just hope I can still say that 10 years from now.

------------------
      Felciano Plumbing & Heating

http://www.felciano-plumbing.com
      Felciano Plumbing & Heating<P>http://www.felciano-plumbing.com

Comment

it seems to me that it would be in everyones intrest that rigid have some exposure to the general public. besides its nice to see a quality tool line somewhere else besides in a supply house. home depo also carries klien and greenlee which are also professinal lines and i dont think they are comprimising quality, but allowing for more availability.
        anyone out there seen the rigid hammer? what do you think?
        the colonel has spoken

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bertman:
          I like the new Robogrip pipe wrench. But as a plumbing wholesaler I can not buy it from Ridgid. These are only available through Home Depot. Thanks for supporting the plumber and wholesaler Ridge tool people! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps as an alternative you could get the RSJ-10, which is our professional quality alternative to the Robogrip. http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/92.html

The RSJ-10 is available to all our distributors.

Comment

Speaking of Home Depot, I heard that they now own Ridgid. Is this true?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by therealsully:
              Speaking of Home Depot, I heard that they now own Ridgid. Is this true?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a word, no. Ridge Tool Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Emerson Electric Company. Our only relationship with Home Depot is as a distributor.

Comment

I have to disagree about black and decker they took themself down at one time they made a quality product, then took it overseas to japan and the quality went to //// they made a professional quality tool, buy cheapen it to the point they lost the leading edge they once had, up till the late 40 or early 50 they were a respected company

Comment

I would tend to agree the exposure to the public is a good thing for Ridgid. However I don't think the average person who visits Home Depot can appreciate the quality of a good tool and will go for the cheaper item every time. Oh well, their loss.

Comment

as long as we can still trust the name Iguess we will have to deal with home depo.

Comment

as a lic.plumber I am finding it harder to find a good trusted supply house yes supply house.....remember them walk into them belly up to the counter talk to them first name bases put It on account shoot the sh-t go to work then tuesday morning do the same all week........we all know try this monday @ home depot before you walk out the door turn around and saythanks......kid and you better check that puss comming out of nose ring but thank goodness you still sell RIDGID I guess Ill be back god save the supply house

Comment

Yeah we want to know about new tools
                        Johnny Run-A-Sewer!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X