• Show
Clear All

Re: My Other Job

WTF is that?

Is that even plumbing?

Maybe I need to get out of the city more

Comment

They are both versions of private sewer systems. My pics are considered a "traditional" system for our area while I believe Wrench's would be a "Chamber" system.

Different rules for different areas for different systems. % Reduction, low pressure, etc.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        They are both versions of private sewer systems. My pics are considered a "traditional" system for our area while I believe Wrench's would be a "Chamber" system.

Different rules for different areas for different systems. % Reduction, low pressure, etc.

J.C.
        Don't try to bullsh!t me, Mister

No, really what is it?

Comment

yeah golf course 20k gallons a day vs, about 1000 Gallons per day for a private residence. in my pics we had to dig down 10' put 5' of bank run in then 1 foot of stone, then 24" high chambers, another 18" of stone, then 6" of topsoil. we had to put in 5 of those big systems 100' long by 15' wide.

what JC puts in doesnt look traditional for me though, we run 4" pipe from the septic to the d-box or j-box then the absorption fields of of that, those pics look like an absorption field right off of the septic tank. He will have to explain more in depth about his system

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            yeah golf course 20k gallons a day vs, about 1000 Gallons per day for a private residence. in my pics we had to dig down 10' put 5' of bank run in then 1 foot of stone, then 24" high chambers, another 18" of stone, then 6" of topsoil. we had to put in 5 of those big systems 100' long by 15' wide.

what JC puts in doesnt look traditional for me though, we run 4" pipe from the septic to the d-box or j-box then the absorption fields of of that, those pics look like an absorption field right off of the septic tank. He will have to explain more in depth about his system
            Pretty much the same without the D/J Box. The powers that be determined several years ago that one was redundant or just unnecessary. Take off with line in your soil area.

We used to put in the box in the past. Put in our share of 100's or probably 1000's.

J.C.

Comment

Hey JC why did you use limestone, if that is the rock you used? Around here septic guys use wash gravel. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
                Hey JC why did you use limestone, if that is the rock you used? Around here septic guys use wash gravel. Just curious.
                Typical wash gravel also. May be the light and it was dusty. I did know the required # size gravel but can't bring out of my brain right now.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Typical wash gravel also. May be the light and it was dusty. I did know the required # size gravel but can't bring out of my brain right now.

J.C.

3/4" minus or 1" minus would be my guess but I'm not a septic guy...

On your leach fields do you wrap your perf pipe's with a GEOTEX membrane of some kind or just rock them in?

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                    3/4" minus or 1" minus would be my guess but I'm not a septic guy...

On your leach fields do you wrap your perf pipe's with a GEOTEX membrane of some kind or just rock them in?
                    Just rock them in.

J.C.

Comment

Stop snivlin, The machine's doing all the work! DAD
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        I know what you are saying 90% of the time my father does a septic all by himself, as in no laborer. I think he is too darn old for it but he says the work is waht keeps him young!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          No snivlin. Maybe I'm a little weak. But on our jobs I have to do some shoveling of the rock on every single foot you see.

I rarely get the big ditches with aggregate placement by the excavator. I'm never on the machine other than the shovel.

Tool, a shovel is kind of like a big spoon with a wooden handle most of the time. You put it in both hands and can move stuff around more efficiently. You can even dig holes if you like. Sorry to tell you it doesn't have a hydraulic lever so you probably won't ever need/use one.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                            I know what you are saying 90% of the time my father does a septic all by himself, as in no laborer. I think he is too darn old for it but he says the work is waht keeps him young!
                            I'm 1/2 way there 66 yrs. Work is life for some of Us. If I wasn't doing this I'd be real over weight.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                            X