demise of the wellworth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demise of the wellworth?

Kohler went and messed with my favorite toilet. The last wellworth I bought they've gone away from a flapper to the flush tower, which I hate. I guess it'll be Briggs/Proflow for cheap toilets for me.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: demise of the wellworth?

Installed a Kohler with the tower a few months back. The people called me back because it would run intermittently. I found a small thread of the gasket (Looked like an eyelash) had folded under and was keeping the tank from sealing.

Comment

1.6 kohler wellworths have been around since 1990 here. and they all suck

actually i wish they would suck so i don't have to plunge them.

how many of you remember the tall tank wellworths?

i had a special order color that i didn't look at when i ordered it. turned out it wouldn't fit under the banjo counter top. so i had to cut it down the hard part was the square handle hole.

still working to this day and it's been a good 7-10 years from memory.

or how about the ones that had a rubber radiator style hose for the trap assembly.

i guess it's good for business as the kohler wellworths and rialtos are the ones that keep me the busiest with all their problems.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i had a special order color that i didn't look at when i ordered it. turned out it wouldn't fit under the banjo counter top. so i had to cut it down the hard part was the square handle hole.

or how about the ones that had a rubber radiator style hose for the trap assembly.

i guess it's good for business as the kohler wellworths and rialtos are the ones that keep me the busiest with all their problems.

rick.

I unclogged a Kohler Highline yesterday, pulled back plastic shower curtain ????

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

rick.

Wow, I'm surprised our experiences with them are so different. I've put at least one of theses in a women's room in a restaraunt with no complaints. It's been there at least 18 mo. I can't think of a more demanding application.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbar
            I unclogged a Kohler Highline yesterday, pulled back plastic shower curtain ????
            People downstairs are wondering where their curtain went . . .

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

yea, like you've never run out of toilet paper?

Comment

I gotta say I have been nothing but impressed with the Wellworth Class 5 flusher...

I think the tower is gonna be a pain down the road but so far so good, I did not realize you could convert it to the 3" flapper, but now that I think about it...

Comment

rick.
                  Surprised at some of this Rick. The many Wellworth's I've installed in the last 5 or so years have yielded zero callbacks or complaints. I'm talking about the ones with just a standard flapper.

I'm not a fan of any of these "fast flushing streakers" that all the companies are trying to brainwash me to like by flushing golfballs, TP, shoes, fish or whatever else.

The new Wellworth with the fast flush tower has just lost my recommendation.

J.C.

Comment

j.c. remember that i've been exposed to 1.6 wellworths since 1990. and in new construction, i've installed thousands and serviced hundreds. probably the most common name brand toilet out here.

never been a kohler fan, don't think i ever will. but they do give me service calls. i don't recommend them, but service them more than any brand out there.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, what do you or would you currently recommend in a non "Fast Flush Streaker"?

J.C.

Comment

i like the toto drake sani gloss model.

also the american standard champion with the big flapper is a good flusher too. they did away with that flush tower about a year ago as it to failed.

round front clean better than elongated ones.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I like the Vitra "Atlantis"

It's my everyday toilet but I'm not sure of their availability in other parts...

Supply house is trying to push "Western" Brand ( Chinese made toilet) not impressed with them...

Okie

Comment

My typical supply house brand availability is:

Mansfield
                            Toto
                            Kohler
                            ProFlo

After that it's to the Home Center. I haven't checked them in awhile but they had A/S & I think a couple other brands. The new search continues.....

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                              Kohler went and messed with my favorite toilet. The last wellworth I bought they've gone away from a flapper to the flush tower, which I hate. I guess it'll be Briggs/Proflow for cheap toilets for me.
                              Kohler continues to make an almost identical copy of the Wellworth in its Sterling line of toilets, availible at Fergusons; and they come with a Fluidmaster valve, standard size flapper, and 3 bolt tank mounting. I am a big fan of Kohler Wellworths also and I will continue to buy them where I can find them. Even at Home depot.

Comment

Working...
                              X