X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave The Poop ?

I am meeting with the Mobile home park manager in the morning ...

I Cleaned the Drain Limed the Poop and left it for thier Mantainance man to pick up ... There are also about 50 Rotting Oranges mixed in ...

Do You Guys Clean up the waste and include it with the Drain Call ?

Dave

Re: Leave The Poop ?

Depends on the attitude of the home owner.

Comment

I can only assume your meeting with the manager because they are upset that you left the poop.I always clean up the mess left behind from back ups but I'm really in an odd situation for a plumber/drain cleaner.

When dealing with a mobile home park consider that park has to have a license to operate.Board of health visits are common.Once a park has an issue like raw sewage on the ground and the board of health discovers it they often issue fines and then that park is on the radar so to speak.Once that happens inspections are more common and inspectors are much tougher.Maybe explaining to the manager they can pay you???? to clean up the mess or save some money and have their maintenance or grounds crew clean it up.Chances are the maintenance guy cried about the mess because he didnt want to clean it up.

Comment

I don't think I've ever had to clean up poop other than my own!

Last edited by ironranger; 03-25-2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Depends on the situation, I just do general cleanup around the drain or fire up a garden hose and just corral the mess to make it look like I tried.

Some lady called tonight about a main drain call....she never called back so she better not call me in the morning thinking I'm coming.

I'm just going to tell her to get someone else; I need my back for the next couple days and got plenty of work.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I clean up the mess I make....NOT the mess that was there when I arrived. That is the work for a restoration company. They do flooding, fire damage AND....sewage cleanup.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

if it's minor, i will either hose it into the ground c/o or use a rake and shovel it up. in a garage i'll wash it down the c/o.

inside of a flooded unit or under a building, it's not mine to clean up.

outside around the c/o is mine and i will just add it to my time. i carry a small rake and plenty of garden hose.

lime poses another issue with clean up. don't use it as it too is toxic.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

We try to clean up our mess, but not one created by someone else.

I just cleaned a main drain for a fast food restaraunt in a neighboring town. When I got there, the it was backing up through the grease trap man hole. Inspector just happened to show up as I was finishing and made me clean and sanitize the parking lot with scrub brushes.

Took me longer to do that than clean the drain.

Comment

If its drained in a bucket, I take care of it. But not what was already there.

Comment

i try to clean up as best i can. BUT there are some messes i'm not prepared for. BUT i will mop the floor, etc. if they are willing to pay my hourly rate

i do sanitize the area (insid eor out) before i leave

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Lime is Toxic ? We use it on the Garden

Dave

Comment

Heck! I've been cleaning up this whole time. (almost a year now)
                        It never dawned on me to not clean up the area the best I could.

Then again I haven't really done a hugely poopy job mostly greasy main lines.

Some people use lime with tequila too which I hear is toxic.
                        Last edited by EasyEman; 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: fun

Comment

wheni 1st got started i was called on a job wherer the tenant had removed both toilets and left the lines uncapped. the space was roughly 30x70 and there was a good inch of sewage on nearly 1/2 the floor. the stench was very very bad. restaurant in the adjoining space and a government office 2 doors on the other side. both complaining of the smell.

long story short: i mucked up about 1/3 of the dirty area so i could at lest work without trashing all my machinery and tools. this added about 2 hours to the job. the owner asked me if i'd clean the rest up. i told him to hire a couple of laborers and save himself $$$$. he did and with a happy smile paid my bill

steve
                          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I always rinse out the kitchen or bathroom sink, sewer in or around the commode. Hose down outside backups when possible. When I do sewers I will rinse out the bathtub of sewer. Many of these things can be done in the process of checking the drain or when the cable is pulling out with the feeder.

I make sure to point out to the customer what I cleaned and tell them "I got most of it up but you may want to go over it with some bleach". I hear this all the time, "I've never seen a plumber clean up after himself" Which may explain why I was called instead of the last guy.

I can't do anything for wet carpet.

If I cause the mess I clean it completely. If the mess is there when I arrive I'll clean the worst of it within reason and the ball is in the customers court. Some customers tell me, "Oh' I'll get that" when they see me cleaning up. Most cleanups take 5 to 10 minutes and it leaves the customer with a good impression.

People who live like pigs are left to lay in the mud. I will not clean up a sink full of days old dirty dishes, or urine covered commodes, or houses that smell like dog urine, or kitchen sinks, that when you open the cabinet you can hear the roaches scatter. What I clean should not end up cleaner than the rest of the home.
                            Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 03-26-2009, 11:36 AM.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

IN normal situations I clean up every time but if I ever got a crawl space that was flooded with sewage I would say no call someone who cleans up diseases.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X