Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are Being "PLAYED"

Customers are getting Brutal !

They schedule work ...then Shop ... Then Cancel

During Slow times Are the rest of you guys "camping" by the phone or like me doing something Constructive ...

Only problem , it has increased the time it takes to "gear-Up" for a call Helluva Dilemma Work on my own Projects or Go Nuts waiting for the phone to ring ...?

Dave

Re: We are Being "PLAYED"

i like to stare at the phone.

i'm still staring,.......................................... ....

Vince

Comment

My son is sick...so I rescheduled an estimate and moved work till Sat. But other than that I chat with babes online.

Here are a couple that I am trying to hook up with now...

Last edited by NorthernIllinoisPlumber; 03-27-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I stare at the phone for a while and once I decide no one is going to call, I start a big project that involves a lot of tools/mess. Once I have everything gathered up and I'm starting on my first nail or bolt, the phone rings.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          I stare at the phone for a while and once I decide no one is going to call, I start a big project that involves a lot of tools/mess. Once I have everything gathered up and I'm starting on my first nail or bolt, the phone rings.
          All of your customers are standing outside of your door watching. They KNOW what your doing, and when the worst time to call is!

Comment

Happened today LOL Palm Nailer in Hand... Up on Ladder Phone Rings ...

I Have a "terrible" Leak !!! Turned out the water company had Not Read the meter for several Months then BANG! The customer gets whacked for 34,000 gallons when her bill is normally for 3000 gallons ...

Showed her the little Star ain't Moving You are fine ! Whew ... Gas for the weekend ... :-)

Dave

Comment

Um, putting in 6+ billable hrs a day and filling in 1 to 2 days out, already have 3 calls for Monday, and half a day on Thursday. Need to go out for a couple hours tomorrow to keep caught up....

Naw...

Nuthin to do but scratch my butt...
              sigpic
              www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Will work again Sat. and Sun. this week. I ain't complain !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I've turned down 4 drain calls in the past week, maybe the 5th tomorrow if this back pain doesn't settle down.

Been busy as hell lately and cannot keep up with it. I don't even worry anymore; know too many people at this point where odds are keeping me moving.

Tomorrow's call is a google hit. Third for the week. After tomorrow it'll be $580 for just being on the net.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What I find happens with crazy regulartiy is calls might be slow during the week so I catch up somewhat on PM's and the call to change a restaurant hwt , fix a no heat, or bad sewer backup comes in at 3 pm on friday afternoon when I am gettin geared up to go skiing for the weekend.
                    Not that I mind doing the afterhours call, but come on give me a break and let this stuff happen during the week a bit more!!

Comment

shock, i had a customer that owned a fancy building in beverly hills. i worked there since the day we built it to a good 15 years after.

it never failed that i would get a call on a friday afternoon with a shopping list of things that needed work. i told them if it's not an emergency i'll catch it on monday. it was always an emergency. how could it always happen on a friday?

after 15 years of being mr nice, i fired them

come to find out that the owner soon after sold the 40 unit building.

sure they were old, but the story was getting old.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

We have been dead quite over the last 12 months. Had 9 plumbers, 2 left. For some reason the last 3 weeks have been flat out! Maybe everyone has had enough of this recession stuff and they are getting on with their lives. We just put on 2 plumbers to help out with the work load. One of the new plumbers, Joe, has come over from the US and is planning to mary a local girl over here. We have a lot to teach him! He cut his teeth on a Harben.
                        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Mon. through Wed. always pretty busy. Starts to slow up Thur and Fri. So I decide to sneak out Fri afternoon to catch the Cherry Blossoms in bloom. Just as I'm changing clothes, the phone rings Run back into the city to do an estimate for some heat work Yea, I was pissed and let everyone know it, but we need the work.

Comment

As a G.C. , We do a large variety of work . We don't sub out much at all,and that gives Us even more work. The more variety You do, the better off You'll be! I have 2 Guys today and Sun,doing more stucco for another Cont. friend. I'm relocating cast today and tomorrow with one helper. We always have windows and patio sliders lined Up. Just got a 40' retaining wall . And We still have at least 5 months on our main project. We're very fortunate!
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                            X