Retired Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired Tools

Do any of you have tools you don't use any more but can't part with them? I looked at some pipe wrenches on the shelf in my garage today and my elbows started to hurt. Still once I get rid of the wrenches it will be like I am closing a chapter of my life.

Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-31-2009, 12:06 AM. Reason: Joey
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Retired Tools

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Do any of you have tools you don't use any more but can't part with them? I looked at some pipe wrenches on the shelf in my garage today and my elbows started to hurt. Still once I get rid of the wrenches it will be like I am closing a chaoter of my life.

Mark
    This hits too close to home! Want a back Hoe ? only 1800 hrs . Motor home
    around 18,000 miles. 3 containers full of tools,shop and home garage full. Please take them all.
    And You can keep the wrenches.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      This hits too close to home! Want a back Hoe ? only 1800 hrs . Motor home
      around 18,000 miles. 3 containers full of tools,shop and home garage full. Please take them all.
      And You can keep the wrenches.
      Now your talking, I can trade you my Case 70+4 with a 7' digging bar and a backhoe for your standard backhoe. I'll even throw in the 3-axle 26' equipment trailer. I never liked the way I had to ride it off the trailer anyways.

Mark

Comment

you sure you don't need a scissor lift or a ditch witch.

don't get me started

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I consider selling or getting rid of tools to be a moral crime. I fully intend to die with so many tools that it will take the better part of a year for anyone to sort them out. Yes, I do need 9 sawzalls.

Sometimes when I'm feeling depressed, I go out to the barn, sit down on a stool and survey the vast collection of tools I have aquired over the years. They bring back fond memories.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Now your talking, I can trade you my Case 70+4 with a 7' digging bar and a backhoe for your standard backhoe. I'll even throw in the 3-axle 26' equipment trailer. I never liked the way I had to ride it off the trailer anyways.

Mark
            Your on, My wife will be THRILLED!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A couple of years ago we moved to a new shop. While moving I found a few things in dusty corners from the days of my father. Donated a lead pot (still in working condition) complete with burner and hoses to the union hall's wall of fame. Still got a few wrenches eligible for Social Security.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                A couple of years ago we moved to a new shop. While moving I found a few things in dusty corners from the days of my father. Donated a lead pot (still in working condition) complete with burner and hoses to the union hall's wall of fame. Still got a few wrenches eligible for Social Security.
                That was a wonderful thing to do,with the lead tools. Your Dad lives on for ever!

Comment

By the way, did anyone notice the 48" wrench is missing the last couple of inches of the handle? I wonder what they would say about a warranty exchange on a 30-year old abused wrench?

Mark

Comment

I don't have any "retired tools", but some of them have been on vacation for one heckuva long time!

Comment

I have boxes of Diesel and Hydraulic service tools from when I worked on Forklifts and heavy equipment. Hope I never have to use them anymore, but can't bare to part with them just in case.
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Lets see I have 3 engine drive welders, 2 on trailers one in my truck, 3 wire feeders, four 4.5" grinders, clamps, clamps, and more clamps, lots of hammers, all my ironworking tools, a full rollaway full of Snap-On stuff, 2 Gravely commercial tractors with all the attachments, you want me to keep going

Comment

I have a pair of Stanley Channel locks that slip the groove when I squeeze them....

The are out in my backyard where I threw them after I busted my knuckles for the third or fourth time.

To think Stanley used to be a good American name.....

Anybody want them?

Comment

i will take the aluminum pipe wrench and every time i use it you will know it is not retired
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                              I have a pair of Stanley Channel locks that slip the groove when I squeeze them....

The are out in my backyard where I threw them after I busted my knuckles for the third or fourth time.

To think Stanley used to be a good American name.....

Anybody want them?
                              You hit a chord,Brother,but mine bite My hand!

Comment

Working...
                              X