Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the nicest thing a customer has ever done for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the nicest thing a customer has ever done for you?

i know we can get caught up in complaining about some the the dip sticks we run across.

but on the other end of the spectrum, we have our "preferred" customer(s).

i have this one customer that always pays me with a 50-100% tip.

go figure, he originally from New York.

Vince

Re: What is the nicest thing a customer has ever done for you?

Tips, food, back rubs, massages..you know.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

had a customer give me a wedding gift that wasn't invited to our wedding.

had one give me a $500.00 check last month.

gave it back last week after sitting on it. actually joey did when we were out to dinner with their family.
      funny part it wasn't signed as it was computer generated.

gave it back and marked it void.

i'm sure there will be a replacement that i'll sit on for a rainy day.

of course bottles of wine that i thank them for and give back since i don't drink. but i do keep the soda

another customer calls me when they bake apple pies. that one i just walk across the street

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

After a 2 1/2 year remodel ,and being their friends for another few years,They willed their home to My Son. He is too emotional to speak of this,still now. There's some special folks in this world!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Woke me up when I fell asleep under her kitchen sink. Didn't tell the boss either

Comment

Best tip $80

If there is a crawfish boil or BBQ at the job customers usually fix me a bag or plate.

Four boxes of fried chicken from KFC, they were about to close and I asked what happens to the left over chicken.

The number one nicest thing a customer can do is call me next time.

Comment

We were in this lady`s house for two months remodeling 4 bathrooms,
              and she had coffee and doughnuts every morning.

Comment

When they say, that they got my name from another customer who spoke highly of me.

Comment

The best thing they do for me is send a note with their check saying what a good job I done or along those lines. I appreciate that more than a tip.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Plant manager from Dana corp. visited me when I had my heart attack. Another custoer gave me tickets to the PGA Championship when it was here in Louisville. I have a half dozen or so that wont allow anyone else to touch thier cranes unless they are with me as helpers.
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post
                      We were in this lady`s house for two months remodeling 4 bathrooms,
                      and she had coffee and doughnuts every morning.
                      we had the same thing when i was on long island and at the end of the job she deducted what it cost her for all that off the final payment . the boss was pissed
                      from that day on i never took a thing when offered to me unless i knew them well .
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        we had the same thing when i was on long island and at the end of the job she deducted what it cost her for all that off the final payment . the boss was pissed
                        from that day on i never took a thing when offered to me unless i knew them well .
                        The funny thing was the first few days I politely refused and she said look
                        I`m doing this for you guys and you better eat some.She was an extremely
                        nice lady.One day she asked me if could put a toilet on a landing on a stairway
                        from the 2nr floor to the kitchen.I said I can put one on your roof if you like
                        and she laughed so hard we both had tears rolling down our cheeks.
                        WE put the toilet on landing and all was good.
                        But yes Hawk I always refuse gratuities.

Comment

Last customer today, replaced a kitchen sink faucet and replaced washing machine hoses. The nice fellow helped me with both, all I supplied was the stainless steel supply lines for both, $200 and this below

Name:  3dc27bd7b8f050d30cff9b6f650cd484.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  388.5 KB

I don't know the name of what they call that sandwich, but it weighs 2 pounds and those bags of candy are a pound each, and I'm flying high with the sugar rush right now nibbling on the easter candy.

Week and a half ago it was a container of awesome potato soup, some kind of fancy bread with some ????? Can't remember right now. It was prepared meat of some type, wasn't chicken.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

We have one nice older lady cust that pays us . and then gives us 40$ for lunch every time we go to her house no matter how small the job is ....
                            We get food all the time...

Comment

i have a client (one of my 1st) that still shouts my name whenever she sees me and calls me at least once a month to determine my location and (if i'm even remotely close) delivers fresh homemade Johnny Cake.

referrals are about the best. some good friendships have come from some nasty jobs.

the tips are nice, the wine from a connoisseur was fantastic, plus the handshakes and hugs are always appreciated

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X