• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Found this at a lakeside cabin

Are those in line vent allow there

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
      99% are done are the horizontal here. Care to explain why they shouldnt be?
      Bump

Comment

Originally posted by metx View Post
        Are those in line vent allow there
        In line?
        AAV's yes

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          In line?
          AAV's yes
          aavs allowed in Your hood?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            aavs allowed in Your hood?
            An inspector in L.A. County(Chatsworth)told me they were going to approve them.This was four years ago.

Comment

Nice repair man! At first I wondered about removing the trap, but then I realized you can back off both tailpieces and clean the whole works, and when you mentioned you had an extra line c.o. I thought that was cool too. Lots of hack stuff going on in Canada especially at cabins, that's hilarious that someone would have even thought the upside down trap would work.

Comment

Your pictures remind me of some of the plumbing I found when I bough my cabin. Plumbing was done by the general contractor with little more than a drive by inspection. For example, when I pulled out the dishwasher, I found he had used three different holes to feed the supply, drain and power. For the electric pig tail he used a piece of romex with a plug on the end.

Comment

So often I run into kitchen drains where the trap is too high, and in addition to using the horizontal tube for the DW I have to use the short basket strainers just to be able to hook up at all without ripping out the wall and installing a lower santee. I don't recall ever seeing a problem because it was installed on the horizontal.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                    Your pictures remind me of some of the plumbing I found when I bough my cabin. Plumbing was done by the general contractor with little more than a drive by inspection. For example, when I pulled out the dishwasher, I found he had used three different holes to feed the supply, drain and power. For the electric pig tail he used a piece of romex with a plug on the end.
                    Have our cabin before bear valley,Sierras. Where's Yours ? Snowmobile ?
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Have our cabin before bear valley,Sierras. Where's Yours ? Snowmobile ?
                      About a 1/4 mile west of Donner Lake. We can hear the trains chuggin' over the summit at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                        About a 1/4 mile west of Donner Lake. We can hear the trains chuggin' over the summit at night.
                        I'm jealous,We love Amtrak. traveled to Colorado and back private compartment, same to Seattle.

Comment

I'm jealous,We love Amtrak. traveled to Colorado and back private compartment, same to Seattle.
                          Amtrak doesn't cross the summit at night because lack of light would negate the view. Night time is for freight trains, long ones. I took the Amtrak from Oakland to Truckee once. Very pretty ride. I should have read the book on the Central Pacific before I took the trip. It would have helped me identify the significance of the various parts of the line. Won't take it again until I retire. Takes too long. Flying into Reno and driving west 40 min. to Truckee is much preferred.

Comment

What was the yellow stuff the old was glued with? I've only seen black for abs?
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                              What was the yellow stuff the old was glued with? I've only seen black for abs?
                              Different regions have used yellow.

Comment

All ABS glue I have encountered is yellow.

Comment

Working...
                                X