X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Found this at a lakeside cabin

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
    They are legal here.
    What I meant was that a legal AAV device. Not were they allowed for an area.

Never seen one like that (Black Plastic) with all the correct stamps.

J.C.

Comment

Most dw's loop the drain hose right at the unit, therefore no need to under sink.

Comment

I'll let the rest of you discuss the impropper drainage alignment as I continue to study the excessive amount of ABS glue and un-wiped joints in the original configuration.

Zowie!

Comment

wow....someboby put in some work i have never seen an abs 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 7/8 solvent branch wye... was there one low on vertical drain too. the clean out and trap are icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
            Seems every time I work out at a summer cabin I find something like this. No vent, upside-down trap, and upside-down ty. Had to use a cheat vent on repair which I hate doing but at least it will drain better now. No matter how many times I see this stuff I still get a kick out of it.
            The first pics are how I found it, and the last is how I fixed it.
            Is that CPVC cement I see in the ABS joints in the original setup?

It also looks like the original setup actually did have a trap seal, although certainly not a legal trap.

I've never seen what appears to be a schedule 40 wye like that with a dishwasher tailpiece connection.

What's out there is interesting.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              Is that CPVC cement I see in the ABS joints in the original setup?

It also looks like the original setup actually did have a trap seal, although certainly not a legal trap.

I've never seen what appears to be a schedule 40 wye like that with a dishwasher tailpiece connection.

What's out there is interesting.
              Either we were looking at totally different pictures or your were looking at your upside down. Id be suprised if that thing was draining at half the rate it should have been the way it was piped. I mean that is just draining up hill against gravity. People dont realize that in a p trap or s trap that trap seal is some what helping siphon the water in a way. That ty is pretty intresting to, just no common sense at all.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
              X