Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another cool thread from years past for those that have never seen it done.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I just use my roto zip with a diamond bit.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        Cast iron sinks are 1/4"+ thick. Are you doing pressed steel or a real cast iron sink?

Rick.

Thanks Rick I have drilled a few kitchen sinks and chipped a few luckily the flange usually covered it. i just ordered the kit from Amazon for around $150. the size is 1.25" I think this is the right size? thanks again for bumping such a useful post

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        practice on a used tear out sink first. also a magnet and no water or everything will rust real fast.

Rick

Hello. I'm a builder in So. California. This thread was extremely helpful, and I too purchased a Relton PC20 hole saw. It was for a one-time need and it worked flawlessly -- highly recommended and well made.

So, instead of it stilling in a tool box for an eternity, I thought I'd sell it. With tax and shipping it cost me ~$177 new. I will sell it for $120 and you pay the shipping (1.3 lbs from Zip code 92010).

Please PM me if interested. If it doesn't sell here, I will put it on eBay. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Relton-PC-20-saw.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	738961
      Last edited by RobertoP; 04-04-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Nice Tutor, thanks for your sharing

Comment

10 year old thread and still going.

Doesn't get used as much as it has in the past, but I get a call once in a while to drill a sink.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

About 6 months ago I was called to snake out a kitchen line during a kitchen renovation, while there I was ask by the homeowner if I knew what to use to drill a hole in a old farm house sink that they where going to rehab ( they wanted a hole for instant hot water ) so I referred them to Ricks thread here and a couple weeks later in the mail I got a thank you card telling me they couldn't find anybody... drilled it themselves and not to forget the gift certificate that came with the thank you card to a local steak house. Thanks Rick.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
              PLUMBER RICK commented
              Editing a comment
              Have them throw me a Chocolate shake gift card too.

Glad it was of help.

Rick.

Time to break out an oldie but goodie post from the past. For those that never saw it, scroll to the first post and read all about the process. Always fun to look back at the old members who would post on the forum.

just noticed the forum stats on this thread.

66 responses
            8 likes

Rick
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-03-2022, 11:07 PM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Well deserved resurrection. Great post Rick.

Comment

Do you use tape or something to keep the bit from wandering? panorama charter com
                19216811.bid
                Last edited by verysingh45; 07-13-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Yes, it's the Relton. I have 2 sizes and they work great when used properly.

Rick
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X