Drilling a cast iron enameled sink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drilling a cast iron enameled sink

Sounds like you have a bunch of sissy lala's out there or you don't like what you're being quoted.

If you're buying local the store should have a referral, if web purchase reconsider and buy local and get it installed.

You haven't provided info as far as type of filter or hole size needed.

If you're handy and have a 1/2" drill already just buy the Relton setup and go for it.

If a 1/2" hole is all thats needed its a done deal, 1 1/4" go for it anyway, Plumber Rick gave a good tutorial.

wookie

Comment

This is the product that I bought from Costco.com Would have bought local if I knew about this issue ahead of time.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11487220

Seems to need a 1/2" hole from what I can tell

http://www.costco.com/images/content...pdf/443365.pdf

I am not comfortable doing this as I am an amateur...but I cannot believe that I cannot find someone to do it that is professional. What kind of craftsman might do this? Plumber? or??

Comment

mike, i couldn't open the installation guide, but it's probably a 7/16''- 1/2'' hole. fortunately you have a larger area that gets covered and a little chipping should hide ok.

try buying an "artu" carbide multipurpose drill bit.

these should be available online or at a decent hardware store.

post a photo of your sink and mark the spot with a coin or felt tip so i can see the condition you have.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Contact the manufactor Watts Premier, they usually have a referral list of installers and service companies.

wookie

Comment

Working...
          X