X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the urinal my problem?

I was called to one of the condos that I do work at, they had a problem with the men's rook urinal. When I flush it I get bubbles out of the waste and then the water flushes slowly...but not 100% complete. I snaked the vent line and went about 30 ft past the urinal. The flush hasn't improved. I noticed that it was installed with an 1-1/4" flushometer tailpiece. Is this an older style design? The urinal is at least 30 years old and it's waste/trap is on one side instead of the middle. When I pulled the urinal off of the wall it had no visible deposits inside and the jets look clear also.

Re: Is the urinal my problem?

What happens when you pour a bucket of water in it?

Comment

Calcium buildup?

Comment

I had a similar situation recently.

It ended up being a slice of lime from someones drink. I got it out by running a 1/4 inch cable from behind the urinal.

Cable would not go in from the front, and I could not get a good seal with the plunger.

Damage waiver was signed before running cable.

It may not be getting enough water from the valve, but I don't think the size of the tailpiece would be of concern. It probably worked for the other 29 years it was in service.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

urinakeen.
          Last edited by cincy plumber; 04-01-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X