Ever Give A Bumper Ride????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever Give A Bumper Ride????

I was driving to a job and got passed on the interstate, the driver was giving me the fisheye. She was rather hot, and I was pleased, thinking that I still had it. I pulled into the customer's driveway, got out, walked around the back of my van to get my tools, and almost crapped. I had loaded up cooper tube in the pipe carrier on the roof and forgot to shut the little door. There were about 15 sticks of copper hanging out of the carrier. There was only about 2' of the tube in the carrier, in another couple of miles, i would have lost all that copper.

Comment

8 OZ strofoam cup of coffee made a 5 mile trip 70 miles an hour on the interstate, found it when I got to the supply house, it was about 40 deg. out but since it made the whole trip I decided to take a sip......... coffee losses its temp very fast a 70 MPH on a 40 deg. day, just for future refrence.

Comment

I Lost a Similar Bucket Had the Best of the Best in It. NEVER Did get it back :-(

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
          3x4 pvc increaser.
          Your lucky,if it was a 3x4 pvc decreaser it probably would've fallen off.

Comment

I found a 8" ridge crescent inside the bumper on my dads truck one day when i was checking the wiring for the trailer plug it looks like it was there for atleast a year he knew he lost it but didnt know where.

ive also found neumerous tools on the roads, this is natural gas country so tenders lay stuff on thier tool boxes and forget and they bounce off.
            "Do it so you can go to sleep at night."

Comment

I loose the 6" Screw Cap off my Pipe Tube all the time ...A semi ran one over and it Exploded ! Ought to Add a Chain ...

Just waiting For one to Go Through Some Morons LEXUS Windshield ...LOL

Comment

pre-cell phone daze: made an appt to meet w/ a customer, gathered some sample materials and departed...tore the house apart that night"who didn't put the phone back on the desk!!!" next morning I found it in pieces @ 20 yds down the road. at that point I clearly recalled "hanging" my phone up on the rear bumper after the previous evening's conversation. Now, my cell phone is always in the side pocket of my carharts!

Comment

not off the bumper done thet plenty of times but worked all day one day and was tired and forgot to strap everything down on the van a 24' extension ladder hung on for dear life till about 70mph i heard it take off hit the brakes and looked back i swear it went 25-30 feet up spinning like a helicopter blade.Thank god i was in the country and no one was behind me

Comment

I've given more bumper rides than I care to admit but my favorite was when I set my aluminum service book on the roof of my van to put my tools while away at our shop in Beverly Hills. I drove all the way home to Granada Hills (21-freeway miles) and never noticed it until I got upstairs and looked back down at my truck. Fortunately it made it without a problem.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Going down a country back road and all of a sudden the back window of the van explodes. It was deer season and i seriously thought we had caught a stray bullet. Stop and get out and there's pipe strewn down the road for a couple hundred yards. Helpers swearing to god he hooked the latch, go back down the road and theres the the hook snapped in half laying in the road among the 200 feet of pipe. As far as bumper rides my old boss left a brand new WIRSBO cordless expander on his bumper, made it 45 miles back to the shop, fell off as he pulled into the driveway!

Comment

Ended up giving a roof ride to my digital camera yesterday and this morning on the way to drop my son off to school. Thankfully it got caught in the roof rack. 34 miles yesterday, and about 5 this morning. Some back roads, some highway.

Comment

cpw you better go get a lottery ticket.

G3

Comment

My son was helping me one summer. He asked to use my cell phone. We drove to the next job and went to get tools out of the back door of the van. There was my cell phone on the bumper!
                            This is just a Chevy express 2500 van. The bumper ain't that wide.
                            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I left pizza on the roof of my truck once.

Lost one piece, the other 6 survived!

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

That's pizza abuse!
                                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                                X