Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Give A Bumper Ride????

Not that kind.

Ever leave something on your bumper and it still be there when you arrive at your next destination?

I found this on mine today after about an 8-10 mile ride through backroads, potholes, AND crossed some railroad tracks.

The picture also shows how some PEX brass fittings are affected by certain water's PH. So replacing failing copper with PEX/brass fittings may not solve some problems. Got to always be thinking.

Sioux Chief Ball Valve.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:41 PM.

Re: Ever Give A Bumper Ride????

Yes, too many times.

Comment

Yup, left a fresh ice coffee on the bumper, went to the hardware store in a rush. I was amazed when I got back it was still there

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
        Yup, left a fresh ice coffee on the bumper, went to the hardware store in a rush. I was amazed when I got back it was still there
        Always amazes me too when I've done it. More than once the gloves made the trip.

J.C.

Comment

I was just talking with a guy about that. I had a hose clamp on my bumper all day on one occasion. Weird.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Funny thing is that in a cup holder up front I cant get my coffee or water not to fall over. If I could just reach the rear bumper from the driver seat I would be golden.

Oh oh... look at the crimp ring... sheesh those are some harsh conditions.

Comment

On a road trip to Florida in 1983, I had a butterfly get stuck under my windsheild wiper in Richmond, Va.

He finally flew off when we stopped for dinner in LaGrange, Georgia.

We thought of a dozen cute names for him on the way down. I was sad that his family was never going to see him again

Not sure why that just popped into my head

Comment

I can't count the number of times I've left something on the bumper or a side box and it was still there when I got to the shop or the next job. Other plumbers aren't so lucky. I got a bag of copper 90s once and also found a Lennox step bit. I'd have given them back if I'd known who the plumber was.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  On a road trip to Florida in 1983, I had a butterfly get stuck under my windsheild wiper in Richmond, Va.

He finally flew off when we stopped for dinner in LaGrange, Georgia.

We thought of a dozen cute names for him on the way down. I was sad that his family was never going to see him again

Not sure why that just popped into my head
                  It's OK PC. Just go sit in the shower, rock back and forth, hold yourself & have a good cry. It will all be better soon.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                    I can't count the number of times I've left something on the bumper or a side box and it was still there when I got to the shop or the next job. Other plumbers aren't so lucky. I got a bag of copper 90s once and also found a Lennox step bit. I'd have given them back if I'd known who the plumber was.
                    I lost those exact things when I was traveling through Idaho last...

J.C.

Comment

I got a buddy that we left 2 empty beers on his bumper, made it to work and back...city attorney, not so good

Comment

3x4 pvc increaser.

Comment

14" pipe wrench and a trailer hitch on my bumper for about 80 miles. Yeah I felt stupid.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Fireguy97 View Post
                            14" pipe wrench and a trailer hitch on my bumper for about 80 miles. Yeah I felt stupid.

Mick
                            It had some weight but still....that's a heck of a distance.

J.C.

Comment

Was traveling home one evening in the dark. Came to a stop sign in the middle of nowhere and no one around, not a headlight in sight. Spread all over the intersection was a 5 Gal bucket and all the tool and bits and pieces that were in it.

So I stopped to clear the road as I did not want to drive over all that as there were many nails and screws, etc. The tools consisted of mostly sheet metal stuff, so I figure it belonged to tin knocker. Probably close to $250 in tools in there. Unibits, Right/Left/Straight cutters, screwdrivers, a older DeWalt cordless drill, etc.

Well I gathered up all those tools and every bit I could locate by the headlights of my truck, took me over 20 minutes and a car never came by. I set the bucket over to the side of the road where it could be easily seen. The bucker was readily recognizable to the owner by the markings on it and I faced them toward the direction that I thought he had traveled.

Next evening I am driving home and came to the same intersection. The bucket was gone and a sign made from a piece of sheetrock was leaning up against the pole near where I had left the bucket.

It read: "Thanks friend, I owe you one"

I smiled and drove on home. It had been a hectic day but I felt better after seeing that sign.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X