X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good quality WHITE kitchen faucet?

I currently have a Moen single handle with the pull out sprayer(spout) and the plastic is cracking and getting discolored after only 5 years. Can anyone recommend either a Moen or KOhler that won't do the same?

Re: A good quality WHITE kitchen faucet?

vette
    I'm not a big fan of white faucets. Other than the sprayer, the white on the faucet is a hard paint. I've had more than one neat freak customer CLEAN the white off the faucet,Moen, Delta, Kohler, what have you. If you don't have customers like mine then eventual the paint starts to separate from the faucet. I talked another customer this week into another finish from white.
    If you can make it work, I like the new Grohe stainless series kitchen faucets.
    Even that has a flaw. Most, if not all Grohes have a plastic check valve/ hose adapter that eventually fails. I still like them.
    Otherwise, see what Moen will do for you.
    http://www.moen.com/consumersupport/...ustomersupport
    Mike

Comment

Start: Call them or e them and tell them! Then tell them your telling us.
      Only good news travels slow.
      Grohe makes a good product.Have to dig for parts.

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
        I currently have a Moen single handle with the pull out sprayer(spout) and the plastic is cracking and getting discolored after only 5 years. Can anyone recommend either a Moen or KOhler that won't do the same?
        If you got 5 years out of a white faucet, that is 4 more years than most folks get. I have never tried, but I would be interested to see if Moen would stand behind the lifetime finish warranty, or if they would say it was abused!

Comment

I've got a white basin faucet in an upstairs bath. I don't think the pop-up ring lasted longer than a few months. I complained to a Moen rep and he sent me another. Dunno, why. That one didn't last any longer. All I can say is that I should have known better. I never recommend white (or almond, or red).

Comment

I haven't got more than a year out of a Moen pullout faucet in my house. I would contact them on the lifetime garanty also.

Comment

Working...
            X