Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Boy ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh Boy ...

    Yet another moron Calls ...

    He Wants a One Bath Home Drain System Re-Piped ... Cast Iron & Galvanized , Crawl Space Have to Pull WC for New Flange , Run new Vent and the Line is about 30" deep where it exits House ...

    I give Him a Break and Quote $1625.00 He Fires Back and says I'll Give 'Ya $800.00 Cash... I Thought WTF !!! He then engages me in conversation for 45 minutes on the phone trying to convince What a Great Deal and how Easy the Job would Be !!!

    Jeeez ... Ill have another Beer LOL

    Dave

  • #2
    Re: Oh Boy ...

    If it is so easy why did he call

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Oh Boy ...

      Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
      Yet another moron Calls ...

      He Wants a One Bath Home Drain System Re-Piped ... Cast Iron & Galvanized , Crawl Space Have to Pull WC for New Flange , Run new Vent and the Line is about 30" deep where it exits House ...

      I give Him a Break and Quote $1625.00 He Fires Back and says I'll Give 'Ya $800.00 Cash... I Thought WTF !!! He then engages me in conversation for 45 minutes on the phone trying to convince What a Great Deal and how Easy the Job would Be !!!

      Jeeez ... Ill have another Beer LOL

      Dave
      You lasted 44min & 45sec longer than I would have.

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Oh Boy ...

        Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
        I'll Give 'Ya $800.00 Cash...

        .....**CLICK**.......dialtone

        45 minutes after that remark?

        Dave, you have way more patience than I would. So what did that 45 minutes get you? anything?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Oh Boy ...

          Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          .....**CLICK**.......dialtone

          45 minutes after that remark?

          Dave, you have way more patience than I would. So what did that 45 minutes get you? anything?
          Made him thirsty for another beer!
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Oh Boy ...

            $ 800 cash okay... you buy the parts, have them at the job, dig up the line, Pull the toilet, assemble everything to code and... I'll check it when your done. Then I'll tell you what to fix , you fix it and I'll call the inspector.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Oh Boy ...

              I would have gave him Larry's phone number.

              Larry is the guy he is looking for. Larry is cheap, and just gets it almost done. Code is simply a suggestion to Larry. Larry likes to give a big discount for cash to avoid paying taxes and it doesn't affect his disability benefits from the government. Larry feels he is giving the customer a great deal since he doesn't have to pay for insurance but that's ok because if he gets hurt at your house, he will just sue you. Getting a lawyer won't cost Larry a dime until it is settled. Larry doesn't worry about call backs or problems because he doesn't have a business and will just change his phone number if you keep calling him.
              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Oh Boy ...

                Originally posted by tyman View Post
                i would have gave him larry's phone number.

                Larry is the guy he is looking for. Larry is cheap, and just gets it almost done. Code is simply a suggestion to larry. Larry likes to give a big discount for cash to avoid paying taxes and it doesn't affect his disability benefits from the government. Larry feels he is giving the customer a great deal since he doesn't have to pay for insurance but that's ok because if he gets hurt at your house, he will just sue you. Getting a lawyer won't cost larry a dime until it is settled. Larry doesn't worry about call backs or problems because he doesn't have a business and will just change his phone number if you keep calling him. :d
                larry hagerty ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Oh Boy ...

                  Everyone has a "Larry" in their area. It's what I name hacks. I call them Larry, it makes me laugh about it.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Oh Boy ...

                    Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                    Everyone has a "Larry" in their area. It's what I name hacks. I call them Larry, it makes me laugh about it.
                    That's insulting to good plumbers named Larry
                    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

                    www.westtrailmechanical.ca

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Oh Boy ...

                      Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                      That's insulting to good plumbers named Larry
                      Don't be so thin skinned.

                      If someone is a plumber named Larry that is on the up and up, good for them. I don't even know them.

                      I happen to know a plumber with the last name "Hack". Should I get mad every time some uses the word Hack associated with poor quality work? No, I just know what they mean and understand it's not personal and they don't even know of him.

                      Life is too short to be serious all the time.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Oh Boy ...

                        Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                        Don't be so thin skinned.

                        If someone is a plumber named Larry that is on the up and up, good for them. I don't even know them.

                        I happen to know a plumber with the last name "Hack". Should I get mad every time some uses the word Hack associated with poor quality work? No, I just know what they mean and understand it's not personal and they don't even know of him.

                        Life is too short to be serious all the time.

                        Should have used my sarcasm font..I don't even know any plumbers named Larry
                        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

                        www.westtrailmechanical.ca

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Oh Boy ...

                          Got it! I am a sarcastic person too. Sorry for the thread derailment Noettica.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Oh Boy ...

                            If you think Larry is bad you should meet Houlio! That guy and his cousin are killing me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Oh Boy ...

                              Tell him to go to craigslist, there is always a cheaper alternative on there...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X