X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backflows

Ok guys I have in the past worked with primarily Wilkins and Ames, so generally that is what I specify. What brands and models do you guys like and why?

Generally I spec Ames 3000SS Double Checks and Wilkins 375's for RPZ's

BTW most of the services I need to design for are 6" for the fire and 2" for the domestic

Re: Backflows

For many years we used the Watts 909 series. Very reliable and easy to find parts for.

Now, we moved to the Ames 4000SS for fire and water. Much smaller in size than the Watts and approved for multi positions.

Oh, and it's about a jillion dollars LESS than Watts

Comment

Since Ames is owned by watts, I think I am going to spec an Ames 400b RPZ (similiar to a Watts 909) and the Ames 3000ss DCDA

Comment

In my suburban Chicago area, I run into mostly Watts on domestic, some Wilkins, and and a lot of Ames 400SS on the fire suppression.

Comment

I saw at the supply house Wilkins came out with some new "lead free" BF's that look easy to service. The guts are made of the engineered plastic. You can disassemble in no time.
          Last edited by Birddoggiest; 04-07-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I can't install them, but I am licensed to repair and test. I see a lot of Conbraco's, but mostly Watts. Very few others types up here. Both of them are easy to service and get parts for.

Mick

Comment

Working...
            X