X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a propane fire pit

I'm landscaping my backyard and adding a propane fire pit with lava rock. I have hooked up Natural gas pits up for people with no problems. I heard propane setups are different. My question is do I have to have some kind of air to gas mixing chamber or can i just screw the fire ring burner on the steel pipe and call it good?

Re: Building a propane fire pit

I have put in Lp logs in the past,,And it had a two part orfice that would let air inject at the burner plate

Comment

Don't forget about a regulator(if needed) and a gas cock.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

plumb,

for the sake of safety i'm going to suggest hiring a gasfitter.

the last thing i want to hear is that you got badly burnt, or worse. touch wood.

Vince

Comment

Looking for a used 500 gal propane tank. both ends make 2 nice fire pits. Add legs,
          grills ,plasma cut flute men below rim and I'm cooking
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
            plumb,

for the sake of safety i'm going to suggest hiring a gasfitter.

the last thing i want to hear is that you got badly burnt, or worse. touch wood.

Vince
            Thanks for your concern, Vince. In California, I'm a licensed plumbing contractor and I I know enough to be dangerous. In my research on propane fire pits the burner ring can soot up fast if an air to gas mixing chamber is not installed before the burner. I will experiment with this and see how it goes.

Comment

Agreed No need to blow up someone or something. we all know that Propane is HEAVER gas than air And that install in a pit must be thought through with much care !

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota Master View Post
                Agreed No need to blow up someone or something. we all know that Propane is HEAVER gas than air And that install in a pit must be thought through with much care !

Comment

how are yougoing to cut the tank heads off safely??(without blowing up)I am curious , I have an old tank, and am thinking about doing the same thing.

Comment

I hope to not see this:

Comment

Working...
                    X