X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• push on shower drain gasket

Had a customer buy a fiber glass shower pan with a push on service gasket into the recessed drain area over the two inch pipe it never felt right going on it seemed to loose it had a small leak about two months later tried a heavier weighted gasket but would not fit. put the old one back in with caulking 6 months later another small leak. Any thoughts? I was thinking of pouring it with a lead joint. thanks mnt

Re: push on shower drain gasket

Dont know if your codes will allow it , but there is a drain basket called a wingtite shower drain. It requires removing the old drain from the shower unit, the new wingtite drain drops in with 4 screws with "wings". The wings turn out once the drain is in place(to hold the drain to the shower), then just tighten the 4 screws. I used to see their adv. In reeves journal. The last one i bought cost around 50 bucks.hope it helps.

Comment

sounds good thanks ill look it up Mark

Comment

I never have liked the compression shower drains. Is the top nut tightened as tight as possible. If you have access to the underside of the shower much easier to just replace with a glue type drain.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

There is no nut to tightenit is basicly a service weight gasket. customer called back though now she thinks it maybe the toilet Ill have to go check it out

Comment

i've seen these, their is no nut to hold it together, you just push a fat gasket about 2" tall down around the pipe, the shower pan itself is molded with a socket for the pipe to slip up through, allowing the gasket to push in on the pipe, and out on the pan socket.

they suck, but their is no replacing them without replacing the pan.

you might try sealing it in with Vulkem or a similar polyurethane caulking.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
            X