X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining Tile Hack ...LOL

got a call From one of my customers Today ... She had a "Tile Guy" There he asked me how I installed the toilet and I replied Latex Modified Thin Set ... He had No Idea How to pull it ... I told him to use a thin kerf Diamond then a gentle nudge should do it ... he freaked out called me an Idiot to my customer and gave up on the Idea of re tiling the bathroom floor ... .... I have never had a problem getting a grouted Closet loose ...

Anybody think the "tile Guy " is a Wuss ?

How many of You use Grout ?

Dave

Re: Whining Tile Hack ...LOL

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
    got a call From one of my customers Today ... She had a "Tile Guy" There he asked me how I installed the toilet and I replied Latex Modified Thin Set ... He had No Idea How to pull it ... I told him to use a thin kerf Diamond then a gentle nudge should do it ... he freaked out called me an Idiot to my customer and gave up on the Idea of re tiling the bathroom floor ... .... I have never had a problem getting a grouted Closet loose ...

Anybody think the "tile Guy " is a Wuss ?

How many of You use Grout ?

Dave
    I've never used grout. Caulk holds great, fills voids, stabilizes & keeps sanitary. Plus last I checked IPC stated that toilets must be "caulked".

Not thinset, plaster of paris, etc.

And I do think the tile guy is a wuss. If you don't keep truckin' just because something is in your way you'll never get anything done.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I bet a thinset or grout seated toilet sets solid and does not wobble

Nobody says you can't use both just calk around the outside edge, should meet IPC.

I just got my 2009 IPC Fuel gas code and mechanical code books in the mail. Why did I buy these things again???

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

Nobody says you can't use both just calk around the outside edge, should meet IPC.

I just got my 2009 IPC Fuel gas code and mechanical code books in the mail. Why did I buy these things again???

Okie
        In N.C. we are FORCED to purchase new ones or are refused license renewal.

J.C.

Comment

Is there a 2009 IPC Plumbing?

I have not recieved it yet

Comment

Originally posted by jcsplumbing View Post
            in n.c. We are forced to purchase new ones or are refused license renewal.

J.c.
            that sux a$$!!!

Comment

Is there a 2009 IPC Plumbing?

I have not recieved it yet
              There is. I'm not sure what the one I was forced to buy is. Can't remember where I threw it. Pages are still shrinkwrapped.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
                OMFG. I will never fuss about Fla. codes, again!
                To do what plumbers have normally done in the past under one license in N.C. we now have too:

Pay plumbing license fee-continuing ed. fee-whatever new books fees.

Special electrical license exam licensing-continuing ed. fee-not sure about books.

Well pump license exam licensing-not sure about continuing ed. or books yet.

I've received a letter this week that for 2010 we have to have "lead abatement certification if working in any structure built 1978 or earlier for remodels". Another license. Not sure about continuing ed. or books on this one either yet.

Aggravating.

J.C.

Comment

Both the 2009 UPC and IPC have been released but every jurisdiction adopts them at different times.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I also use colored grout when possible or the colored grout caulk.

Comment

Okie
                      Free on line,all codes are !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The CUB SCOUT, is an idiot ! Do the tile Job Yourself , that should piss JUNIOR off.
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          To do what plumbers have normally done in the past under one license in N.C. we now have too:

Pay plumbing license fee-continuing ed. fee-whatever new books fees.

Special electrical license exam licensing-continuing ed. fee-not sure about books.

Well pump license exam licensing-not sure about continuing ed. or books yet.

I've received a letter this week that for 2010 we have to have "lead abatement certification if working in any structure built 1978 or earlier for remodels". Another license. Not sure about continuing ed. or books on this one either yet.

Aggravating.

J.C.
                          Yet another reason I decided to focus on the sewer and drain business. No need for the special electrical or well pump licenses, etc. NC is making it hard on us plumbers lately. They want us to pay for and pull TWO permits for a water heater...it is hard enough to compete with the handymen who have no overhead and no insurance...now this?
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I like to use color matched grout when possible.

And the tile guy is a wuss.

Comment

I believe this was discussed in another thread. Isn't tile grout not a code-approved method because it is not a watertight seal.
                              Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                              X