No announcement yet.

12 rough that will set on 11 inches...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 rough that will set on 11 inches...

I have a toilet replacement to do this friday, it's 11 inches form the wall. there's a 1976 briggs RF on it now. I have 1 inch behind the tank. knowing that this brand used to set on 11 or so inches, i'm concerned it's a 10 inch rough bowl. have you install a brand lately (12 inch rough) that will work in this application? 11 inches, that is...
    sigpic

Re: 12 rough that will set on 11 inches...

A Sterling roughed in at 12" has a little over 1" behind it . Crane used to set at 11" easy but I don't know if they exist anymore .
    Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Briggs. If you have a Southern Pipe in your area they stock em.

Comment

American Standard has a 10" rough-in toilet, and I just found a 10" one made by Vortens. It is a lower cost unit which I have tried once and seems to have a pretty good flush. Anyone out there ever had much with Vortens? Wondering how they seem to rate compared to others, being that I mostly prefer Toto.

Comment

ProFlo is Briggs and they will trim out at 10 7/8". American Standard Cadet 3 is about 150.00 for a 10" rough.

Comment

Thanks fellas, I wound up getting a American Standard 12" rough Plebe rf toilet.

It worked just right....my supplier only had the the kind of toilets that use the very skinny tank, instead of doing it in the bowl...I refuse to use those kind of tanks...they suc.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X