Pump Switches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump Switches

I have an application where we need to monitor the levels of water in a drainage system. We are putting a parking lot in a 100 year flood plain, the building is above, and the town requires us to provide a warning system then the nearby river starts to rise and flooding can begin, so I am proposing to install an sje rhombus pressure swith inside a catch basin connected to a warning system within the building, my idea is once it is submerged 10" the alarm goes off, does anyone have any ideas on how this may not work or anty suggestions of a better way or a better product?

The switch I am currently specifying is this:

http://www.sjerhombus.com/pdfs/catal...9A.DMaster.pdf

Re: Pump Switches

Pressure switches have a tendency of failure and they are harder to test. I would use multiple floats with a couple high level warning floats that are easy to test and maintain. But, what do I know? I am just a wife When Rick wakes up he may feel differently.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

my two concerns with the float switches is the turbulance and the "swing" I need something that will fit in a small footprint, that is as least likely to get hung up as possible

Comment

has anyone ever dealt with something like this:

http://www.fluidswitch.com/pages/fs20.htm

Comment

Then try a water level controller that works off 2 electrodes. They have no moving parts. When water contacts both electrodes they close the circuit.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Based upon Joeys advice and additional research I am specifying this:

http://www.fluidswitch.com/pages/fs21_fs22_printout.pdf

Comment

glad joey was able to handle this.

i was still sleeping as last night was a late one.

the fluid level controller is a good choice as long as there is not big solids to get hung up. depending on your depth/ level concerns. you could stagger 2 to get a pre-warning and a real warning. sometimes a local alarm/ light, then a central alarm.

you could even have a mute switch/ circuit wired into the panel.

good job jojo.

wake me when the the poo gets heavy

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I am going to install 2 of these vertical float switches in a perforated 4" pipe in the corner of a catch bain, thse floats are only about $50 a piece so I really like the idea of using 2

Comment

We have to put light boxes on sewer alarms here. I'm sure you and you're dad have used something similar.

I think it's a good idea. Water gets too high and everyone knows just driving by 'cause the red light is turning.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X