International code question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International code question.

I bought the 2009 IPC and went to reference it on a water heater flue vent question. Well there is nothing in the water heater section on flues.

Apparently you have to get the mechanical code and the fuel gas code...hmm clever money making scheme. UPC Puts it all in one book.

What are the parameters for terminating single wall vent when it goes outside through a wall? Can I terminate vertically beside the building if there are no openings or do I have to go above the roof?

Thanks
    Eric

Re: International code question.

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
    I bought the 2009 IPC and went to reference it on a water heater flue vent question. Well there is nothing in the water heater section on flues.

Apparently you have to get the mechanical code and the fuel gas code...hmm clever money making scheme. UPC Puts it all in one book.

What are the parameters for terminating single wall vent when it goes outside through a wall? Can I terminate vertically beside the building if there are no openings or do I have to go above the roof?

Thanks
    Eric
    Single wall cannot go through a wall and double wall is suppose to be kept to a minimum outside. If you do run it outside the termination must be a minimum of 8' from a vertical surface and anywhere from 1' to 8' above the roof depending on the pitch. I believe an 8/12 pitch is 2' above the roof.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You need a copu of the IRC which has it all under one roof.
      sigpic

Comment

So I need to get the Town of Sierra Vista to change codes by Tuesday, or run 14" of double wall up the side of a church building. That will be pretty!

Comment

Working...
        X