X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floodstop automatic water shut off

I integrated a floodstop washing machine system into my laundry room remodel. It's main claim to fame is that it's a lot less expensive than some of the other systems available. Unfortunately, everything about floodstop has been cheaped out to the max to get it to that price point. As an engineer building high reliability systems, I may be too critical... but then again considering its mission, this thing has to have exceptional reliability to be useful. From a design and quality viewpoint there are clearly just too many areas where it's too cheaply designed and built for me to be comfortable with. Personally, I will spend the money on a higher end system next time... or make one.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      mike, sorry to hear about the problem you had.

i just called the company this morning and them also being in california, 6:05 am, i got their answering service.

i spoke to the operator to have the owner, scott call me on my cell to discuss what's going on.

hopefully i will have a good resolution for you.

lets give it till tonight for my followup.

rick.
      to scotts defense, he did call me back this afternoon. problem was i was knee deep in roots.

i returned his call and left a message.

so, but i think 1 more day will work.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

well just checked out the whole house kit we got for a job next week and everything looks fine.

Comment

ok, i spoke to the owner, scott today.

he thinks that the product was shipped to his old address and it was refused.

he also thinks you might have ended up with one of the handful of valves he had set aside for australia. a different thread pitch.

sounded like he's more than wiling to get you a new one.

give him a call at 949-633-4043.

let us know what happens after you talk to him.

he did mention he's sold approx 230,000 products worldwide. very few defective units.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick

Comment

Rick
              I appreciate you stepping up but this guy is not returning our calls. I think he has a good product in concept, but the one I received isn't in working order. I really think he is missing the boat here. Any products best advertisment is the good service received when something goes wrong.
              Mike

Comment

Rick, check your messages. Tried to send you a PM today and it was rejected. Your full. Sent you a general message instead, get back to me. Thx. Water Surgeon

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  ok, i spoke to the owner, scott today.

he thinks that the product was shipped to his old address and it was refused.

he also thinks you might have ended up with one of the handful of valves he had set aside for australia. a different thread pitch.

sounded like he's more than wiling to get you a new one.

give him a call at 949-633-4043.

let us know what happens after you talk to him.

he did mention he's sold approx 230,000 products worldwide. very few defective units.

rick.
                  Originally posted by myakka View Post
                  Rick
                  I appreciate you stepping up but this guy is not returning our calls. I think he has a good product in concept, but the one I received isn't in working order. I really think he is missing the boat here. Any products best advertisement is the good service received when something goes wrong.
                  Mike
                  mike, either the scott, b's me or you need to remember that he's on pst time and try calling 9am pst.

he actually returned my call that i missed and answered personally the next day at the number i posted above.

don't give up. he really did sound concerned when we spoke last week.

if all else fails, give me all your info and i'll make the call.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Follow up.
                    It's been some time but we've confirmed full credit back to the company credit card. I understand he is a small business and can't be everywhere at once. I just want to let everyone know he did stand behind this product.
                    Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X