Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ya'll messin' with me?

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    Just because the nature of the building, I would suspect either pressure or a vacuum created in the vent by a mechanical device.

When you say you 'witnessed' it what did it do? Did the water bounce up and down or just slowly drop out?
    I think this is it too.

Comment

Is there any kind of frequency to these occurrences? Do they happen every x minutes? If yes maybe you could tie it to some piece of equipment in the building cycling on/off.

If you can't go into other parts of the building do they happen to have any plumbing drawings you could look at? How long has this problem existed?
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        Is there any kind of frequency to these occurrences? Do they happen every x minutes? If yes maybe you could tie it to some piece of equipment in the building cycling on/off.

If you can't go into other parts of the building do they happen to have any plumbing drawings you could look at? How long has this problem existed?
        I was told this problem occurred today. We honestly had strong winds today. I'll have to get on the roof and in the ceiling to check the vent system.

I've worked in different parts of the building (section shutdown for remodel). Building has compressed air operated production, vacuum lines, water, chiller, distilled water etc.

I hope some knucklehead hasn't tied something to the vent system. Because NOBODY will know who did it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Are you all running around secretly creating plumbing mysteries for me?

J.C.
          Yeah so what's your point?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yes, messin' with you is fun.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Ah he!!

Here comes the Wizard and his Witch.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Ah he!!

Here comes the Wizard and his Witch.

J.C.
                There is a reason we have never been seen together before.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have no idea why I asked those questions. I just thought they sounded like I was on to something...

Comment

How about the exhaust fans not running in the bathrooms.
                    It could be the positive pressure from the airconditioning pushing out the trap seals.
                    My best guess.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                    X