X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styrene pipe junk

6'' styrene are drain piping installed under concrete on a mountain top development.

1988 development serving a culdesac of 6 multi million dollar homes.

for another 50 cents a foot, i wouldn't be there trying to salvage the decorative colored concrete road way.

this appears to be from the original construction. 3 months ago my warthog nozzle got stuck and i needed to pull it out with my truck

now i know why i suggested to camera the line

looks like a 12' section will need to be dug up to find a salvageable fitting to connect to. the pipe is oval until a tee 12' away.

why do they even sell styrene pipe

for 50 cents extra a foot, you could install sdr35 and it's compatible with all the nds area drainage fittings and boxes.

no roots and no crushed pipes.

why

rick.

pictured is the initial 6'' crushed pipe that's actually folded in half.

followed by the back fill of rocks.

street with docorative concrete and 1 of te 6 homes it serves.

this is the grate i lifted to camera the line. nothing like lifting a traffic weight 25'' x 40'' x 3.5'' grate that only has support from the 2 ends.

yes i dropped it in the past and played hell trying to get it unwedged now with the winch, all is safe and simple

then my temporary 12''x 17'' patch until they can properly fix the 12' section.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-24-2009, 01:06 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Styrene pipe junk

Rick, Are you done outfitting the Sprinter?

Pictures please or did I miss um?

Comment

my last set of bin boxes will be ready to go in as soon as i finish my 7'' high x 18'' wide x 54'' long aluminum floor riser. this will allow the bin unit to sit at the level of of the pack rat and provide a space for my shovels and asst meter keys, bars.

the bin unit will create a bulk head once it's in place and sheeted with 14 gauge aluminum.

been working monday and wednesday nights at shop class fabbing the aluminum.

steel would have been faster, but heavier

now if i could only get ridgid to fill it with the good stuff

actually it's been my daily driver for the last few weeks

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Yes Rick pictures please, don't tease us with shot of a partially opened door, let us see the full working show.

Simon

Comment

I like the wiffle ball holder. Seems like an awful lot of truck to move one wiffle ball.

Comment

the wiffle ball stands out on the rear back up camera and keeps from walking into it.

i've had children want to take it for themselves. i show them the big hole in it for the ball.

it's a challenge everyday not knowing if i have the parts in the truck to complete the job.

fortunately i prepare and rob stuff from my other truck and shop first.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I think the bidding process is the problem. The builders are looking for low bids from the subs. So the sub bids the cheapest stuff he/ she can to meet specs.

Shame on the architect and developer for not specifying better materials.

Comment

Wonder what else is happening in that system????$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by LayinPipe View Post
                  Wonder what else is happening in that system????$$$$$$$$

Could be Badgers mating.

Comment

using the cheap materials is no reason to lay the pipe on and backfill with boulders. They should have bedded and backfilled with gravel, and it doesn't look like it was even buried deep enough to protect it from the weight of road traffic.

G3

Comment

Working...
                    X