X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinkler System Help

Just bought a house i see the cycle controller on my porch but, i cant get anything to work or locate any boxes or sprinkler heads. My neighbors say they have seen them on many of times. How can i locate the shutoff box

Thanks in Advance
    RYan Varga

Re: Sprinkler System Help

Follow the wires from the control box to the solenoids. The valve should be close to the solenoids.

Comment

I can usually find them with a lawn mower or a weed wacker Works good on the rose bush also.
      sigpic

Comment

I have two water feeds coming to my house. They are on separate meters and one is for irrigation only. That way you can avoid sewer charges on your irrigation water. I shut mine off at the meter by the street to avoid the possibility of it freezing during winter. Its possible that the previous owners have the same set up and it may just be shut off at the meter.
        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Well somewhere should be a backflow preventer outside the house.
          Is there a shutoff valve for the water somewhere?
          You're most likely to find the solenoid valves nearby.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If you don't have at the very least a pressure vacuum breaker installed above the highest head, you need to have one installed.

I've seen cases of people just burying the valves. Systems are usually physically shut down for the winter. First, get the water turned on. Must be a valve box somewhere.

Then, if the control box is set up, simply setting the system to "on"should start it working.

Comment

Working...
            X