X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain the Rigid Roundup

Would someone please explain the purpose and organization of the Rigid Roundup that is to take place in September.

Apparantly participation is already "closed" after 50 people have registered. Is this supposed to be a trade show, competiton or what? If only 50 people can attend then it is not much of a "meet and greet" either.

Please, explain or direct us unknowing masses to a site or thread that gives some clarity.

Thanks

Re: Please explain the Rigid Roundup

Just a bunch of plumbers and drain guys getting together and having a good time. Some competitions for bragging rights. A chance to visit the rigid plant.
    sigpic

Comment

So why limit it to only 50 registrants?

Comment

Ridgid spoils the folks a bit while they are there.

( I have never been but have seen the pictures)

I have roundup envy

Comment

Does that mean only 50 persons attend( plus significant others)? Hardly seems worth the trouble for Rigid.

Must be more to it than that!

Comment

The Ridgid Roundup is a little bit of everything. There are sessions where you meet the Department Heads and have an exchange of ideas and what you would like to see more of, there is a factory tour, there is some friendly competition, there is a ton of entertainment and there is a lot of visiting with guys from all over the country.

As for limiting the numbers it is likely a little bit of a budget issue and a lot of a coordination issue. The number last year was smaller and it seem to work well but we still overwhelmed the hotel and a couple of eateries.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

the roundup is only 1 anniversary old.

it basically brings together people that are from the forum that are interested in meeting at the ridgid plant. sure last year was mainly people in the plumbing field. but this year has a mixed group. along with more spouses.

ridgid, and the employees of ridgid went over the top in wining and dining us. they put together an event that even hollywood would have been proud of

for those that went last year, most are returning and were the first to commit.

sure there were the games that we competed in, but there were also the early morning breakfast, lunches and dinners we all looked forward to as a group. there were the hands on displays we got to see and play with. there was the group brain storming with all the department heads. there was the night time events, the amusement park, the late night lobby games, the early morning wake up calls (thanks aaron) the shoot out in the hotel, the bus rides, the go carts and even the arm wrestling

i don't know if we were more excited to be meet them and the tour the plant, or they were more excited to meet us

all i know is the ones that went last year, are looking forward to it again this year.

for those that want to come and missed the sign up. you still have a chance to go. and ridgid will foot your bill

make a video and be in the top 5

details are on the opening page of the forum

looking forward to meeting all the new participants.

see you in september

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Please stop crying you`ll upset Rick who I would think will be one of the lucky fifty.

Tony

Comment

OK, here are two simple questions:

1)Is the Round Up limited to 50 participants or not?

2)Where on the "opening page of the forum" are the details located? I see no reference or link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by APHCO View Post
                    OK, here are two simple questions:

1)Is the Round Up limited to 50 participants or not?
                    It is limited to the first 50-people to register except that an additional 5-people will be invited to attend as the top winners of the video contest.

2)Where on the "opening page of the forum" are the details located? I see no reference or link to it.
                    It is a sticky thread in the News & Events section.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22003

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      It is limited to the first 50-people to register except that an additional 5-people will be invited to attend as the top winners of the video contest.

It is a sticky thread in the News & Events section.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22003

Mark
                      Thank you, thank you for your clear, concise, reply.

I still can't understand why a major corporation presents an attractive public relations/educational/social event to such a small group.

Of course it is their choice, but I wonder how many others of us would have attended if we had the chance.

Comment

Thank you, thank you for your clear, concise, reply.

I still can't understand why a major corporation presents an attractive public relations/educational/social event to such a small group.

Of course it is their choice, but I wonder how many others of us would have attended if we had the chance.
                        not to rub you the wrong way, but the roundup has not been a secret. it's been talked about hundreds of times and has had many dedicated threads.

if you knew how much time, money and effort that went into the first one, you would know why they limit it to 50. the first one last year was not a full 50 that showed up. even the next one in september took days/ a week to fill up. and truthfully unless all 50 commit, there will be no shows.

i can tell you this, ridgid went above and beyond anything we could have imagined last year. 50 is a large# of guest to entertain.

i would imagine when push comes to shove, there will be some cancellations. don't look at the west coast guys to flake, we've already chartered the plane

rick.

it's not too late, make a video and ridgid could sponser your trip
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X