• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbers Phone?

Maybe. Or maybe a carpenters.
    http://pathtracks.com/help/bubble_level

J.C.

Re: Plumbers Phone?

Level with me......how do you really feel?

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
      Level with me......how do you really feel?
      That I would probably destroy an Iphone in 1 day or less.

J.C.

Comment

huh alot of guys at my shop own that crazy alien reversed technogoly

Comment

I have a son who is tougher on cell phones than anyone I have ever met. Oddly enough his iphone has outlasted anything he has ever owned.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Won't be buying one for various reasons but I do think that is a pretty interesting application for someone to develop.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I have a son who is tougher on cell phones than anyone I have ever met. Oddly enough his iphone has outlasted anything he has ever owned.

Mark
              i'm tellin ya man it's that alien technology

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                That I would probably destroy an Iphone in 1 day or less.

J.C.
                I go through a phone every 6 months, thats the point were the daily wear and tear catches up to it, it's not that I destroy them, they just start to malfunction.
                Right now I have a blackberry curve, I Wanted an Iphone, but they don't offer insurance on it.
                I think the big downside to the iphone is the cost of all the services you'd need to make it do everything it's capable of. Internet alone is $30 a month through AT&T, add that to $20 for unlimited texting, $5 for insurance, Plus your plan, any additional lines, etc, it adds up Fast.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

My nextels have always held up pretty well, they are built a little more rugged than the rest I guess, but my Verizon Dare has been pretty much trouble free, it was teh first phone I ever buried!!! dug it up, blew it off and it still works!

Comment

I still think Ridgid needs to develop a job site tuff phone. Something that can handle the everyday abuse of being used in the trades and on construction sites etc...

Plus it would be a good advertising tool. I must see 50 people a day yapping on their phone, imagine if only 5 of them had Ridgid phones with the Ridgid logo. That would be 5 more times a day I'd have that logo burned into my subconscious.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I love my cell phone. I've seen a Sanyo sales rep doing a demo. All of the time that he was talking about the phone, he was standing on it. It's built for U.S. Military specs for dust, vibration and shock. It doesn't have a camera, and a ton of bells and whistles, but it's a great at doing what I want it to do....be a phone. I haven't dropped it into a pond...yet, but in my business phones get wet. I've had mine for about 18 months so far and it's working great. I've seen three other contractors pick one up for themselves. One of them switched all of his company cell phones to this one.
                      http://www.sanyowireless.com/product.aspx?v=93

Mick

Comment

Blackberry Curve with an "Otterbox"

The Otterbox Defender case makes all the difference... http://www.otterbox.com/blackberry-cases/

They may even make a defender case for the Iphone, If so I would not hesitate

Comment

I have a gzone from verizon it is very tough.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2034585,00.asp
                          Last edited by EasyEman; 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                            My nextels have always held up pretty well, they are built a little more rugged than the rest I guess, but my Verizon Dare has been pretty much trouble free, it was teh first phone I ever buried!!! dug it up, blew it off and it still works!
                            One of the places I used to work had ruggedized Nextels that were nice and bright yellow so that if you drop them in the mud they were easy to find. I had an i1000 back then, and I don't think I've ever had a phone that I liked as much as that one (or one that was free for me since then either).

RIDGID should change the yellow to RIDGID orange, and it would probably be just as effective.

Comment

15 years of nextel is about to go out the door

i'm swapping to boost mobile

sure boost is a spin off of nextel

but for $50. a month out the door. i will have unlimited everything. days, nights, text, photos, web, gps, nationwide, 2 way and still keep my original nextel number and 2way info.

so for less money, i get more services. and yes it's the same nextel towers and coverage i've had for 15 years.

my investment is a $99. phone with no contracts.

a no brainer if you ask me
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X