Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swine flu and your safety

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
    I've been spending all morning making tinfoil hats...........
    I made a fresh batch this morning.Keep them next to safety glasses and gloves.

Comment

Other than as a placebo, antibiotics have no effect on viral infections. When my wife first mentioned the outbreak I asked her if the article she was reading had any mention of the age of the fatalities. As has been mentioned, most flus thin the herd, attacking the very old, infants and those with immune deficiencies. The 1918 flu, on the other hand, attacked and killed people in the prime of life. It devastated WWI military bases and schools where the young congregated. It effected the general population like measles effected the native American population upon first exposure. Lack of partial immunity to an aggressive disease unrecognizable to our collective bodies spells big trouble. That's why epidemiologists worry about the cohabitation of humans, pigs and birds as in certain parts of Asia. The viruses endemic to each can, in such situations, commingle and share genes, thus creating new life forms (hybrids with resistance to the immunities of their various hosts).
      Last edited by Plumbus; 04-30-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

i've mentioned this before and i feel it's worth mentioning again.

back in '90 i contracted viral menigitis. i was 25 at the time.

every two hours for the first four days in the hospital i woke up because of the pain. that beautiful nurse was already standing there with a syringe full of demeral and a couple of codiene pills. out like a light.

obviously (and thankfully) i pulled through it.

there was no way i could have protected myself against the contact of the infected host.

we have to be careful not to put ourselves in a bubble.

because we spend most of the time indoors up here we've had our share of epidemics. unfortunately people do die. but in the big picture it's all par for the course. it makes us stronger as a spieces.

Vince

the flu virus almost wiped my people out, but we're still here.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          Other than as a placebo, antibiotics have no effect on viral infections. When my wife first mentioned the outbreak I asked her if the article she was reading had any mention of the age of the fatalities. As has been mentioned, most flus thin the herd, attacking the very old, infants and those with immune deficiencies. The 1918 flu, on the other hand, attacked and killed people in the prime of life. It devastated WWI military bases and schools where the young congregated. It effected the general population like measles effected the native American population upon first exposure. Lack of partial immunity to an aggressive disease unrecognizable to our collective bodies spells big trouble. That's why epidemiologists worry about the cohabitation of humans, pigs and birds as in certain parts of Asia. The viruses endemic to each can, in such situations, commingle and share genes, thus creating new life forms (hybrids with resistance to the immunities of their various hosts).

The people in Asia and Mexico City are very crowded and Millions of people living very close.
          They don't have the plumbing (water heaters sinks and showers) that we have here. They can't take a five minute break to scrub their hands in anti bacterial soap. They don't take showers every day like most of us here can. They don't have Lysol cans and bottles of bleach down at the corner market.
          They live with the animals they raise because that is their livelihood. They don't have clinics in every corner pharmacy. Most don't have TV or internet...

The odds of the Spanish Flu like toll is very very low here in the US.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmK3yzhkgN8

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
              The odds of the Spanish Flu like toll is very very low here in the US.

If a virus as unique and virulent as
              the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 shows up on our shores, the odds go way up pronto. Watching out for such an event is one of the prime responsibilities of the CDC.

Comment

I believe we need to take certain precautions...because prevention is better that cure..
                colon cleanse | colon cleanser

Comment

because prevention is better that cure
                  prevention = Plumbers (eliminates or mitigates the root cause)

cure = doctors (treats the symptoms)
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jason56 View Post
                    I believe we need to take certain precautions...because prevention is better that cure..

The only colon cleanser I need is Taco Bell...

Comment

Some folks posting on this thread just don't get it, ... until a loved one gets it and DIES.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                        The only colon cleanser I need is Taco Bell...
                        Make a run for the bathroom..................er, border.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                          Some folks posting on this thread just don't get it, ... until a loved one gets it and DIES.

I certainly hope you are not posting this because of a real live experience...my son has asthma, and it scares the HELL out of me. Because he is only seven, he has no clue about lifes problems. Except toys, McDonalds....

Comment

Leave
                            Better yet let me show you the door.
                            Come back when you learn some respect and consideration for something other than yourself.

Comment

Could someone ban the Spammer from Atlanta? I know it's hard but when you're Spamming from Atlanta, there's no place for that here.
                              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X