Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

concrete anchors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: concrete anchors

    AGAIN THANKS MEN FOR YOUR INFO!!!THIS IS A SUSPENED SLAB SIMILIAR TO A CARTON FORM SLAB,BUT THEY USED METAL TO HOLD THE CONCRETE ON TOP OF THE GRADE BEAMS AND PIERS. I AM BIDDING TO REPIPE THE SANITART UNDER A EATERY, BECAUSE THE HACK THAT DID THE NEW JOB JUST HAVE THE PIPE FLOATING ON TOP OF THE GROUND. THE VOIDS ARE LEFT UNDER THE SLAB TO GIVE THE GROUND APLACE TO GO WHEN THE GROUND EXPANDS AND CONTRACTS. THE GROUND HAS MOVED ENOUGH TO PINCH A PIECE OF 4" PVC CELL CORE ALMOST COMPLETLY IN TWO.I AM BIDDING TO REPIPE AND HANG THE PIPING PROPERLY AND GET IT OFF GROUND LEVEL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THE WET CONDITION I REFERRED TO IS #1 THE PIPE MOVEMENT CAUSED LEAKS ON THE SANITARY,#2 INFILTRATION WATER DUE TO THE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF RAIN WE HAVE RECIEVED IN OUR PART OF THE WORLD. THANKS AGAIN MEN.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: concrete anchors

      does it look like this?
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: concrete anchors

        I would drill ,blow out ,and set rod with hilti epoxy. I do earth quake retros,and have air and squeeze guns. VERY STRONG ! I'm from Boston,there were idiots running that job!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: concrete anchors

          Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I would drill ,blow out ,and set rod with hilti epoxy. I do earth quake retros,and have air and squeeze guns. VERY STRONG ! I'm from Boston,there were idiots running that job!
          If it is "Robinson"(Arthur's diagram) decking he would loose his a$$
          The drill bit would slop around like an egg beater in a bowl of brownie mix.
          On every hole he would have to use his point bit to pin/poke penetrate the metal then swap over to rotary hammer bit to finish his hole.I like shooting it,the steel grabs the pin better.

          Also,inspectors get real upset when you drill or shoot anchors into the "Ridge" portions of the Robinson decking.
          All hangers should be set in "Valleys".

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: concrete anchors

            Originally posted by JW3 View Post
            AGAIN THANKS MEN FOR YOUR INFO!!!THIS IS A SUSPENED SLAB SIMILIAR TO A CARTON FORM SLAB,BUT THEY USED METAL TO HOLD THE CONCRETE ON TOP OF THE GRADE BEAMS AND PIERS. I AM BIDDING TO REPIPE THE SANITART UNDER A EATERY, BECAUSE THE HACK THAT DID THE NEW JOB JUST HAVE THE PIPE FLOATING ON TOP OF THE GROUND. THE VOIDS ARE LEFT UNDER THE SLAB TO GIVE THE GROUND APLACE TO GO WHEN THE GROUND EXPANDS AND CONTRACTS. THE GROUND HAS MOVED ENOUGH TO PINCH A PIECE OF 4" PVC CELL CORE ALMOST COMPLETLY IN TWO.I AM BIDDING TO REPIPE AND HANG THE PIPING PROPERLY AND GET IT OFF GROUND LEVEL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THE WET CONDITION I REFERRED TO IS #1 THE PIPE MOVEMENT CAUSED LEAKS ON THE SANITARY,#2 INFILTRATION WATER DUE TO THE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF RAIN WE HAVE RECIEVED IN OUR PART OF THE WORLD. THANKS AGAIN MEN.
            Drill or shoot.Better make sure you can do either/or throughout your workday.Nothing worse than unnexpectantly not being able to put up any hangers after 7:00 A.M.
            I don't know...Might affect your price

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: concrete anchors

              ...the steel grabs the pin better.
              Actually, that may not be true, at least going by the specs Hilti has in their spec sheet
              (see table on the top of page 4 of the PDF in my previous post). The shear load may be
              the same or higher but depending on the embedment, the tension load is significantly less.

              Name:  8bc7229a9fe06adf3527f64f14ecf937.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  129.0 KB
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

              https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: concrete anchors

                If it is like the pic above with bar joist then I would use beam clamps.

                Here is a pic of my DX600N with the cup used to get in the valleys of corrogated metal decking.

                G3
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: concrete anchors

                  Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                  If it is like the pic above with bar joist then I would use beam clamps.

                  Here is a pic of my DX600N with the cup used to get in the valleys of corrogated metal decking.

                  G3

                  this is what i was getting at. if there are steel joists well you dont have to drill at all there are so many ways to hang rod and rod connectors off the steel that all youd need is a wrench

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: concrete anchors

                    Thanks yall for your replies. No my application doesn't have bar joist, it is like a metal decking material that they pour concrete over. Dirty hands thanks for mentioning when you can shoot anchors, but this will be a complete shutdown, for the duration of the job.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: concrete anchors

                      corrugated concrete pan?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: concrete anchors

                        not pans but sheets, used for pour in place floors or ceilings. Common thing around these parts.

                        G3

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: concrete anchors

                          JW3
                          A picture of the bottom side of the deck would help us in our efforts to help you.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: concrete anchors

                            Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                            Thanks yall for your replies. No my application doesn't have bar joist, it is like a metal decking material that they pour concrete over. Dirty hands thanks for mentioning when you can shoot anchors, but this will be a complete shutdown, for the duration of the job.

                            are you referring to robertson decking?












                            rick.
                            phoebe it is

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: concrete anchors

                              Might your deck be one of these?
                              http://www.metaldeck.com/floor_deck.htm
                              If so, this thread might apply:
                              http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=97117

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: concrete anchors

                                Yes its coragated decking mamterial.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X