Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: concrete anchors

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
    Actually, that may not be true, at least going by the specs Hilti has in their spec sheet
    (see table on the top of page 4 of the PDF in my previous post). The shear load may be
    the same or higher but depending on the embedment, the tension load is significantly less.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8bc7229a9fe06adf3527f64f14ecf937.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	6784
    Thank you for the info Bob.

When shooting into Robinson,due to the steel, I find a lot less pins have to be replaced do to the previous ones not "embedding" properly.

Comment

And make sure the plumbing inspector does the whole 160 ft crawl in the Mud ,the Blood
      and the Beer! As johnny Cash once said.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
        Yes its coragated decking mamterial.
        FYI also known as a deck pan

Comment

Worked on Hi risers in S.F.. We refer to this as Q decking. Being a welder ,Id weld a 2"x2"
          square plate with 3/8" nut welded to it. Every ones different. 7014 won't burn through
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Worked on Hi risers in S.F.. We refer to this as Q decking. Being a welder ,Id weld a 2"x2"
            square plate with 3/8" nut welded to it. Every ones different. 7014 won't burn through
            You tacked the fish plate to the Q deck (we call it Q deck here too)? I've seem something similar done but the plate was suspended above the bottom of the trough in the deck on top of the rebar or supported with chair rails allowing concrete to flow completely around the plate.

How does that make a connection to the concrete with any strength? It would seem (unless I am not understanding how this is put together) that all the load is supported by the decking.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I don't know where this is, but ABS was the original material choice. I guess that's OK for Comm. work in that Hood. Consider what holds 4 " ABS on any wood frame home .
              Do You think Two 2" runs of weld on the decking to 3/16" plate, has less strength than a 10Dnail and a Plastic Hanger ?

Comment

i haven't seen abs on anything new other than trailer houses is 15 yrs. yes, pvc is allowable in my hood homie.

Comment

Re: CLAY anchors

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                  i haven't seen abs on anything new other than trailer houses is 15 yrs. yes, pvc is allowable in my hood homie.
                  Ain't cast or pig iron ! Where was the plumbing inspector i st time around? [laid in the dirt]
                  Think He'll show this time?

Comment

That depends on where you take him to lunch at

G3

Comment

thanks again yall. cast iron is only required here when dwv is in a return air. again i am in small town USA( UNDER 26,000PEOPLE)

Comment

Working...
                      X