Anal Customer ...ROFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anal Customer ...ROFL

Had a customer ask me How I stored my pipes ... They were afraid of Un savory Stuff that may crawl into the pipes I bring to the Job ......Water lines ...

Any body else get asked this ?

Dave

Re: Anal Customer ...ROFL

I did a job at a nuke last summer. All the underground, all the pipe in the laydown area, and all the rough, dwv and water pipe had to have FME's. Foreign Material Exclusion.

Comment

I ran some suctile iron for a water district and they wanted each peicce of pipe swabbed out with strong chlorinated water and then the ends covered with trash bags and duct tape until it was put in the ditch, and then chlorine shocked for 24 hours, and then flushed until the chlorine levels were down to an acceptable level (I forgot what it was).

Just a bit of over kill if you ask me.

Pasted by a small business park on a daily basis that another contractor was putting in and they were having to do the same thing. They were making them cover the ends of the sewer line pipe before it was installed also, crazy crap.

G3

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
        I ran some suctile iron for a water district and they wanted each peicce of pipe swabbed

G3
        I hate that suctile iron
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

haha me too, its hard to keep the water in it, just keeps sucking it out.

fat finger syndrone
          oh and who are you the spelling police (aka Mrs. Seat Down)

G3

Comment

Not spelling police, typing police.
            West Trail Mechanical Ltd
            Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I'm really not THAT anal.

Comment

I brought my machine down from a roof once and started to roll up my cord when the lady customer climbed up my ladder to make sure I didn't scratch her gutter. She looked real hard too and seemed a little disappointed that she had nothing to complain about.

I pulled in a guys driveway once and my tire went off his driveway all of an inch touching his grass. I went to get out of my van and he asked if I drive on every customers grass. I said, "Sorry, have a nice day", got back in my truck and drove off. I like when pricks identify themselves before they get a chance to waste your time. The company I was working for wasn't happy but they only had to deal with him on the phone.

Comment

i have an long time customer that insist i go there first, before anything of mine gets dirty.

she even use to supply extension cords.

funny part is i'm the only trade person that has lasted more than 1 job.

even funnier that her dog sheds all over the floors.

even funnier that her husband is a dr. and she's a retired r.n.

after a good 15 years, i know what to expect

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Wow you guy's get some real Winners/Whiners LOL ... I would love to hear 'em if you Peed in thier nice NEW toilet before they did LOL ...

Dave

Comment

theres actually a provision in IPC for cleaning waterlines before putting them into service, I believe it has something to do with chlorinating then flushing the line. Most places I work chrlorinate their municipal water, so after a few hours of having the service on I doubt it's even a remote problem.

I ran some suctile iron for a water district and they wanted each peicce of pipe swabbed out with strong chlorinated water and then the ends covered with trash bags and duct tape until it was put in the ditch, and then chlorine shocked for 24 hours, and then flushed until the chlorine levels were down to an acceptable level (I forgot what it was).

Just a bit of over kill if you ask me.

Pasted by a small business park on a daily basis that another contractor was putting in and they were having to do the same thing. They were making them cover the ends of the sewer line pipe before it was installed also, crazy crap.

G3
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Keeping a tough customer happy makes you more money but you need to charge for the extra care.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                          theres actually a provision in IPC for cleaning waterlines before putting them into service, I believe it has something to do with chlorinating then flushing the line. Most places I work chrlorinate their municipal water, so after a few hours of having the service on I doubt it's even a remote problem.

When I install water lines I put in a cap full of HTH chlorine granules in each joint before making it up. After everything is installed slowly fill with water to get the air out (bleed out of a fire hydrant and/or run-in), let sit for 24 hours and pull a sample for the water dept to test for bacteria. Flush from fire hydrants and the run-ins through 2 1/2" fire hose until clear. Pull another sample for the water dept. to see if chlorine content is within acctable range for drinking water (what ever that is). Put 200 psi hydrostatic test for two hours and get the fire marshal to sign off on it.

When cutting in valves or tees in an existing line, I will swab them out with a strong chlorine solution before making them up.

G3

Comment

When I install water lines I put in a cap full of HTH chlorine granules in each joint before making it up. After everything is installed slowly fill with water to get the air out (bleed out of a fire hydrant and/or run-in), let sit for 24 hours and pull a sample for the water dept to test for bacteria. Flush from fire hydrants and the run-ins through 2 1/2" fire hose until clear. Pull another sample for the water dept. to see if chlorine content is within acctable range for drinking water (what ever that is). Put 200 psi hydrostatic test for two hours and get the fire marshal to sign off on it.

When cutting in valves or tees in an existing line, I will swab them out with a strong chlorine solution before making them up.

G3
                            I always used the injection process for chlorine and it was a PIA. I'd have liked to try the granules.

With injection I found the faster you can blow out the system, the faster the process goes. One day my top guy (gal, Tina) was out so I had to explain this to my boss that was on the blow off end 1/2mi away over a hill and out of my sight. We got on the cell phone and I started to crack the valve. "How's that?" I ask. "fine, give me some more" he says. So I crack it open some more. This goes on a few times until I'm starting to wonder if he can actually hold it (he goes about 135lbs).

Then all of a sudden I see water spraying through the air over the hill.
                            I shut it down and turn off my pumps. I ask him if he's OK, no reply. I run up the hill and find him dripping wet looking for his cell phone in the ditch, water every where.

Apparently he didn't believe me when I told him the hose is going to produce a lot of back pressure. He thought he could hold it with just his foot and when it started moving it threw him off balance and he dropped his phone and got into a fight with the hose.The hose won!

After that we set a new safety plan. Constant line of sight with hand signals.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thats just plain crazy trying to hold a 2 1/2" hose and very unsafe.

Have you heard of a hose monster? It looks like a big tee made out of 4" and 6" pipe. The run of the tee is 6" and the branch is 4". On the end of the branch is a fire hose coupling. Hook up your hose to it and it will just lay there, not moving. Have flowed as much as 1800 gpm through it and it just sits there.

I made mine, but they are avaliable commercially made and are expensive for no more than they are. Mine does not have the pitot tube though.

I would take a pic of mine but it is pouring the rain.

clicky here for a link http://www.hosemonster.com/

G3

Comment

Working...
                              X