New permit fees in CO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New permit fees in CO

Have you guys seen permit fees increase in your states. I just got an email from DORA of Colorado on April 30th for new permits bought on 5/1 and after, they have increased permit fees enormously. Now they are $100 base fee plus $20 per trap, $10 per hose bib and water heaters, $10 per gas outlet. This is all residential, commercial is similar but not as expensive. They are trying to offset the rising costs of (insert BS here). Seems like they are making up for years of not increasing fees before now.
    BLAH BLAH BLAH.
    I just started a basement remodel which included 1 bathroom 2 weeks ago, the permit was $59.00 from Denver. Today that permit would be $180.00.
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Re: New permit fees in CO

What fun. Now we get that...plus the new "plumbing contractor's license" they added last year...plus the business license in each and every jurisdiction.

It's almost cheaper to not work

The .gov leeches know no limits.

(For the non-locals, it used to be that all you needed was a Master's license to pull a permit. Apparently Master's were pulling for other/multiple people/companies. Now we have Contractor Licenses tied to our business name. I wouldn't mind, as I didn't "sell" mine, but I DO mind paying for the new license)

Comment

less taxes collected because of the economy, they go anywhere they can to make up the difference
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Re: New permit fees in CO We need every break!

Nice the codes are FREE ON LINE, THANKS CARL
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We all have to cut back but the Government won't budge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            less taxes collected because of the economy, they go anywhere they can to make up the difference
            THEY ALREADY DID THIS IN L.A. AND So. CALIF AREAS IN THE 1980'S & 90'S
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
            X