Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toto Aqua revisited

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Toto Aqua revisited

    You may recall Plumber Rick's post on the difficulties inherent in setting a Toto Aqua. Having set a couple recently, I noticed the mounting blocks came with plastic anchors and round head slotted screws. I also noticed that the slots on these expletive deleted screws stripped very easily making use of a cordless driver unwise with the resultant waste of time and arthritis pain caused by using a manual screw driver.
    No mas!!!! Yours truly had a few works with the Toto rep in my area who in turn contacted a Toto muckety-muck you had the brains to listen and the juice to do something about it. As of now Toto will ship them out with Phillips head screws.
    Last edited by Plumbus; 05-06-2009, 04:59 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Toto Aqua revisited

    Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
    You may recall Plumber Rick's post on the difficulties inherent in setting a Toto Aqua. Having set a couple recently, I noticed the mounting blocks came with plastic anchors and round head slotted screws. I also noticed that the slots on these expletive deleted screws stripped very easily making use of a cordless driver unwise with the resultant waste of time and arthritis pain caused by using a manual screw driver.
    No mas!!!! Yours truly had a few works with the Toto rep in my area who in turn contacted a Toto muckety-muck you had the brains to listen and the juice to do something about it. As of now Toto will ship them out with Phillips head screws.
    I belong to that club,added the washlet also. They're so happy the want one more down stairs with another Washlet. 1st nite in they just about sent me roses! nice Email saying
    they were in heaven with the washlet. They spent 1 year in Japan. the public restrooms have washlets. I used theirs with permission. It's awesome!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Toto Aqua revisited

      Tool
      If you ever have probs with Toto, let me know. I've got a lot of juice with both the rep and the factory regional boss.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Toto Aqua revisited

        remember that there are more than screw issues with that model.

        try changing ballcocks or a non soft close factory seat one day.

        that particular toilet came directly from japan without being americanized.

        any toilet that requires you to remove it, to change a ballcock or a standard toilet seat is not right.

        i would like to see the longevity of the dual flush valve down the road.

        i don't mind the totos with the sub base assembly, but this one is ridiculous. you need a template to install the floor anchors in the right location.

        rick.

        now work on the big wigs to change the mount and provide access to a ballcock or a standard non soft close seat with traditional bolts and nuts.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Toto Aqua revisited

          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          remember that there are more than screw issues with that model.

          try changing ballcocks or a non soft close factory seat one day.

          that particular toilet came directly from japan without being americanized.

          any toilet that requires you to remove it, to change a ballcock or a standard toilet seat is not right.

          i would like to see the longevity of the dual flush valve down the road.

          i don't mind the totos with the sub base assembly, but this one is ridiculous. you need a template to install the floor anchors in the right location.

          now work on the big wigs to change the mount and provide access to a ballcock or a standard non soft close seat with traditional bolts and nuts.
          All good concerns, Rick. I'll pass them along.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Toto Aqua revisited

            Yes it is a TRAP !I know so well ! I set a new closet bend and flange on top of the tile floor,wax ring,toto adapter. Leaked on the concrete basement floor[ no ceiling yet,thankfully]
            Installed an additional wax ring top of adapter under toilet,no leak. This model should come with ZIPPERS. As luck would have it,leak,new washlet ect. I set it 3 times. At 19 I could field strip down a 1911 45 in the dark and re assemble ! At 66 I can THE SAME with this TOTO!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Toto Aqua revisited

              Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              the public restrooms have washlets. I used theirs with permission. It's awesome!
              When was the last time anybody said a plumbing fixture was awesome? . Why are we talking about a hard to put together and install toilet when a respected member on this forum said a plumbing fixture was awesome.

              Comment

              Working...
              X