Case/Briggs Wall-hung Toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case/Briggs Wall-hung Toilet

Just wondering if the carrier on these wall-hung toilets can be retro-fitted to another toilet. The toilet I'm working on has 2 rods. Would appreciate any help or website you can lead me to.

Re: Case/Briggs Wall-hung Toilet

Kohler makes a floor-mount rear-outlet, I have done several retrofits with these and have had no problems and it gets away from the springy carriers especially with large folks.
    sigpic
    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post
      Kohler makes a floor-mount rear-outlet, I have done several retrofits with these and have had no problems and it gets away from the springy carriers especially with large folks.
      the rear outlet will line up with the wall hung carrier center line.

do you have a link?

i have a customer that has 3 case wall hung tank toilets left in their house and looking for an easy way to change them over to a toilet that will interchange.

pictures are a bonus and so is a link.

thanks,

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Typically yes, 99% of the carriers I have put in or retrofitted have adjustable face plates. You just have to swap out the 4" nipple for a 4" abs MIP and a closet flange, getting the nipple out can be a chore if its galv. but it is doable as I have done it. The only time I ran into a glitch was with a copper DWV back to back carrier, it was a pain. If you pull the face plate be prepared to replace the gasket, also there will be some drywall work and or tile with this but no more problems.

I do see an issue with this retro in a commercial setting with banks of wall hung toilets, depending on how high the anchor carrier was roughed in the face plates on the horizontal carriers may not adjust down low enough, but would be easy enough to check for, and there are ways around that problem as well.

By the way, they aint cheap.

Kohler K-3554-RA Barrington
        http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=2&category=13
        Last edited by U&I Plumber; 05-07-2009, 07:09 PM.
        sigpic
        www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Working...
        X