X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wilkins 375 and 350

Recently stocked a big order of both the wilkins 375 and 350 -1/2 - 2"" i have installed about 30 last year and about 30 this year so far--i love these backflows, the cost is great-much lighter and nice being able to drop the guts and work on it on a table or bench. Have had no issues with these and i believe they are the future of backflow. I have some extreme water types in the area and have had no issues.--just wanted to see if anyone has tried the new sizes 2" and below----itsa great design and the reason wilkins is the best. I have a few in some government facilities and they are impressed with it, as it is an eye catcher---try one out---your local wilkins rep will hook u up

Re: new wilkins 375 and 350

I just quoted a customer on a 3" 375. Definitely a two man install. Due to the existing conditions, it's going to be difficult supporting the valve. Nowhere to put a proper brace.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
      I just quoted a customer on a 3" 375. Definitely a two man install. Due to the existing conditions, it's going to be difficult supporting the valve. Nowhere to put a proper brace.
      Can't believe You would ever be stumped! I can fab anything You can think up!

With My Plasma Cutter You could have Mr. Incredible of elasti Girl supporting the back flow
      valve.! Would like to see the inspectors face on that one!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Can't believe You would ever be stumped! I can fab anything You can think up!

With My Plasma Cutter You could have Mr. Incredible of elasti Girl supporting the back flow
        valve.! Would like to see the inspectors face on that one!
        The problem is one of location. I'm starting with a horizontal 3"RPV which I've already added a flow meter to. Now when I add a pressure reducer it's going to be a very long and very heavy manifold. And I've got fixed risers which I don't want to expose and fool with. So the offset on the downstream side is in the way of the pier I should pour for the support column. Guess I'll just have to dig up the line, shorten it, back fill and compact the hole created and pour my pier. Or, I could subcontract the pier and brace to you, Tool.

Comment

i posted pics last july of 2 - 6" 350's i installed with the grooved bodies--definately made my job much easier, as the last guy never leveled flanges and didnt use offset fittings, just cocked long sleeve di couplings---wilkins is the best

Comment

Working...
          X