X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr backflow

I remember when wrench told us that he"invented a new backflow device and it was approved and being built" whats the deal, man---i didnt believe it and dont and was wondering if it was a croc and just a thought--- if there was a new device to be released, wilkins would have it, not a service plumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the deal

Re: mr backflow

wrench spinner?

I thought he was on a slow boat to china, trying to find out why the cheap labor wasn't cheap enough to build them.

Want me to build one? I got.............."ideas"

Click image for larger version

Name:	e9c562fdc176e82207e66ba077b86572.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	328.1 KB
ID:	6872

Get back with me if you're interested in my new product line with bread ties
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Nice response---just thought of it as i am drawing a large backflow project-----

Comment

Wrench is an Engineer who has worked as a Service Plumber in the past but has gone back to Engineering. As I recall his post said his drawings of a series of Backflow was approved and were being installed not a device he designed.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
          Nice response---just thought of it as i am drawing a large backflow project-----

As a licensed backflow tester in my state for the past 11 years...I'm allowed to crack jokes.

Lots and lots of political entanglements getting something approved for use, that's if it's done the legal way. Ain't nuttin going to coin overnight (months)

Don't beat me up man!

(throws K-60 across the forum)
          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 05-10-2009, 11:05 PM.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

To get a backflow approved you have to first get the drawings approved. Then you build the device and get the prototype approved. Then you have to install each size in several locations to test it. If they go one-year trouble free they are approved. If they have any issues you start all over again. It is not cheap to go through the process.

Mark

Comment

I remember when wrench told us that he"invented a new backflow device and it was approved and being built" whats the deal, man---i didnt believe it and dont and was wondering if it was a croc and just a thought--- if there was a new device to be released, wilkins would have it, not a service plumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the deal
              Kinda like that Seesnake to laptop interface of yours huh plumberjr

You know the one you say works but can't provide any drawings or proof...

Since wrench is not here to defend himself I'll dance with ya Jr

Comment

I am not designing a new Backflow Preventer, nor do i recall saying I was, I DO do the drawings for new installs. In NY they have to be drawn up and approved by local authorities prior to their installation.

I do the "layout design" pretty much. layout the drainage and jump through all the hoops to get them approved by the health departments, and water purveyors. Here is an example of one:
                Attached Files

Comment

Whats the deal
                  BTW what the heck is up with your attitude, no reason for it dude, Maybe i will design a new RPZ seeing I do have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, thanks for the push! And BTW just because you like something doesnt mean it is the end all be all best!!!

Comment

I'm guessing this is the Thread he may have been referring to.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...light=Backflow

Mark

Comment

I have backflow lisc in australia

best place see backflow

at homebush sydney show gounds where had olmypics

Comment

Wrench
                        I liked everything on your pdf drawing except the disclaimer "NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION".

If it's not for construction, what is it for?

Comment

Jr is a perfect example of someone that could be an asset to the Forum

Too bad some people just choose to be an asshat instead

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                            Wrench
                            I liked everything on your pdf drawing except the disclaimer "NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION".

If it's not for construction, what is it for?
                            "not for construction" gets taken off once it is approved!! an attempt to keep someone from building off the wrong drawing!

Comment

I would assume that something like a backflow device needs approvals like ASSE, ASME, ANSI, IAPMO, NSF....etc. I don't know what any of those would cost, but in the thousands each, if not in the tens of thousands.

Comment

Working...
                              X