X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this machine!!

i'm typing one handed right now because of it.

i guess it could be worse. i hurt my left wrist, i'm right handed. plus i still have a grunt to do the bull work.

it was juuuuust a little too cool to start this morning. this pump has a 418cc (25.5ci) single cylinder diesel "pull start" explosion proof engine.

i got the bright idea of using juuuuuuust a little bit of ether.

i yanked on the pull cord. it yanked me back harder than my middle aged body could take. it yanked me right off my feet.

i'm not sure if there's anything cracked. i'll get a x-ray in the morning, it'll be too cool to pump anyways.

Vince
    Attached Files

Re: I hate this machine!!

Hey Vince, hope everything comes out O.K. with your wrist. Just don't kick the pump you might have a hurt foot then.

Comment

Oh no! I hope you are ok.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

It's for this reason I reserve ether for potato guns only.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

hey vince, i'm the one that is suppose to be getting all the pity.

but i do know what you're going through.

i have a 2 stroke cut off saw that will yank your wrist and elbow right off when it kicks back.

make sure that you didn't tear a muscle or tendon.

what happened to push button starters

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            hey vince, i'm the one that is suppose to be getting all the pity.

but i do know what you're going through.

i have a 2 stroke cut off saw that will yank your wrist and elbow right off when it kicks back.

make sure that you didn't tear a muscle or tendon.

what happened to push button starters

rick.
            i think the powers that be decided that a pull start is the simplist (cheapest), non-spark producing method of starting this beast.

apparently the pump is $12 000 landed up here. it's absolutely explosion proof. i suppose that when one is dealing with millions of dollars worth of combustible product, every pre-caution must be taken.

we're not allowed to use plastic basins to catch fuel in the tank farm anymore because of the risk of a static electrical discharge. i can appreciate that.

i'm going to start thinking of a better starting system. maybe a kick start.

Vince

after a nights sleep i think it's just a really bad sprain (thankfully). i'll get one of those stress balls and start working on getting my parts working again. well, most of my parts.

Comment

Working...
            X